....... blank.....

I've been sitting here staring at this screen for longer than I care to admit. Normally when I finally get a chance to sit down the words just pour out of me. It's almost like an exorcism.
Whatever thought, feeling or problem I'm facing I just start writing about it. Usually saying a whole lot of nothing using a lot of words. But, I'm not having a single strong thought, feeling or problem tonight. It's all just a mumbled jumbled mess. I think maybe I'll just stream my conscience.

Scott walked 23' today. The walk isn't getting better in the level of assistance that he needs but were hopefully it will come in time.

Baby Layla haunts me. I check her blog several times a day. I don't know why, I don't want to hear that there is no miracle.

Why did K ask to go to bed 25minutes early? Is she getting sick... again?

Where can I get some Girl Scout cookies? Those caramel ones are delicious.

I really should clean up the toys that have consumed my living room.

I should say something about how overwhelmed I am by the honest, sincere responses in the last post. I'm surrounded by such incredible people.

How in the world am I ever going to be ready to get Scott home March 6th?

How do I repay all the people that have made the last 7 weeks survivable? How do I show them just how much we care and appreciate?

What should I do tomorrow? Go away to my happy place alone and clear all the junk that is in my head, spend the day at home with K where I can't escape the household burdens, or go to the hospital and scream yell and stomp my feet until I get what I want? Which is the best choice big picture?

Why haven't I seen a Girl Scout with her damn crack cookies?

Should I dye my hair? I feel frumpy.

I need to find the right wheelchair for Scott. How bad are wheelchairs on carpets? Why do I care this carpet is trashed? No point replacing it until after the big party.

Why did the lawn service just call my house at 8:50pm? Um, I'm kinda too busy to think about the grass that is hidden under layers and layers of snow. Mmmm... not happening this year... thanks for calling.

I'm exhausted. I'm saying nothing and this post sucks. That is all. Thank you and goodnight.

Well, maybe not...
Let's redeem this horribly mind numbing post with a contest.

What are Scott and Carole celebrating in this photo?

To the winner goes a RUSH t-shirt hand selected by yours truly.

Anonymous –   – (February 24, 2010 at 10:42 PM)  

hmm...I will guess that Scott and Carol are celebrating how many feet he walked

Anonymous –   – (February 25, 2010 at 12:21 AM)  

Take a breath. those who have helped do so because they love you all not because they are looking for repayment.

Baby Layla-- there really are no words. I instantly think of the song "this is our temporary home" or may it my temporary home, either way don't listen to it cause it will make you cry, this I am sure of.

Yes I think you should dye your hair n get your nails done and a massage, a whole pamper me day, first you deserve it and second it will give you a feeling of refreshment.

To hell with the carpet tile everything.

the celebration- he either made a phone call (looks like a phone in his hand) or he put on his own shoes. or maybe they are just celebrating hump day

Anonymous –   – (February 25, 2010 at 12:22 AM)  

i guess I should of said this ^^^^^ is from me lol
Love hugs etc etc Sara

Jen –   – (February 25, 2010 at 3:46 AM)  

Keep up the good work!! Both of youi!!

You are amazing and we love you that's why we visit! And well S4 and I are fat asses so its an excuse to eat and eat and eat! If you notice we bring half a dozen cupcakes to share but we've always had another dozen @ home!!!

Things happen to make you a stronger person and they happen to people who can handle them!! Things will fall into place--

Love you!!
Jen

Jen –   – (February 25, 2010 at 3:49 AM)  

They are having a celebration high 5 because scott got a release date?

KT called and said I love you?

Anonymous –   – (February 25, 2010 at 6:05 AM)  

Hang in there Brandi. You've been nothing short of amazing again in your strength getting through this with Scott.

I think Scott is celebrating the USA hockey win...

BigDan  – (February 25, 2010 at 7:11 AM)  

Hope you get a chance to decompress sometime today. Here's a big hug at ya'

Anonymous –   – (February 25, 2010 at 7:21 AM)  

I think the spoil day sounds very good, and a massage is a really good way to go. We think you are both pretty amazing. Love you, Uncle "Bern" and Uncle Lynn

Craig –   – (February 25, 2010 at 7:42 AM)  

Hang in there Brandi...you're doing an awesome job! You too Scotty...pretty soon you'll be home!!!

Anonymous –   – (February 25, 2010 at 7:47 AM)  

Hummmm. The fact that she didn't have to poke him with that cattle prod she's holding. No really maybe he can wiggle and feel his toes?

Ok, Brandi don't die your hair It looks fabulous.... If you do, don't go with the energetic fire engine red to reflect the fact you feel like your brain's on fire.

Oh and go to the happy place. Stomp your feet tomorrow or visa~versa.

I know sorry for the stupid advise.
I love you. Kiss for all,
Jay'me

Anonymous –   – (February 25, 2010 at 7:50 AM)  

Damn it ! DYE your hair.... Not literally Just correcting my damn typo again !
Although sitting at a salon sounds like a happy place to me.
Jay'me

Anonymous –   – (February 25, 2010 at 8:13 AM)  

Did Scott use that grabber stick thing to pick up his phone from the floor? Thats my guess...so, my vote is for the relaxing happy place--you can't be there for anyone else (e.g. Scott and Kate) unless you take care of yourself....and go ahead, dye your hair, why the hell not!

Jenn, Steve, and Carter :)

Brandi  – (February 25, 2010 at 8:39 AM)  

*mobile post*
I've got my ipod jammin' my favorite tunes and I'm headed west in search of patience, clarity and strength.
Spending the day clearing my head will get me ready for the big homecoming.
Missing my hubby and my baby girl but I'll enjoy them more when I can think clearly again.
To those that say "dye it" any suggestions, recomendations or photos. I need inspiration.

"See" you soon!

Up North Amherdts!  – (February 25, 2010 at 9:00 AM)  

Hello----------!!!!!!!
Just saying Hi, Good Morning so you know that I check the blog all the time! I don't always write something.....I just check in.
But our hearts are with you!
We love you Scott, Brandi and Kate!

Gladys and Family!

Anonymous –   – (February 25, 2010 at 9:20 AM)  

Hair color...... thinking a dark brown with red highlights or maybe just do some highlights n low lights to current color. I think either would look great.
I agree no fire engine red. lol
Just my thoughts of course I am into dark browns n eds right now but I so think you could pull it off.
Sara

Anonymous –   – (February 25, 2010 at 4:15 PM)  

hmmm...hair color...hmmm...I say either chunky blond highlights for the summer or something dark/auburn-ish to make your eyes pop...go extreme! :)


Jenn, Steve, and Carter

Kath  – (February 25, 2010 at 6:09 PM)  

Hey Brandi! Banana bread is in the oven. Hope you had a nice day for yourself!

Anonymous –   – (February 27, 2010 at 1:08 PM)  

Brandi-frumpy? not so much-you're beautiful both inside and out-love ya', Alison

Post a Comment