New Kicks and a Decision

Scotty got his bad self a new kick today. Check it out!


Here he is taking it out on the first test ride.


Pretty good reviews.


This new shoes is designed to help mobilize Scott's foot better while protecting the top of the foot and the back of the heel/calf where all the disgusting stuff is.
They need some slight tweaking but so far they are a huge improvement from the "boot" he was wearing before.
YEAH!!!!

Scott had a good day today. Lots of walking. Walking that gets better everyday. He walked 13' on at least 3 separate occasions during his first PT session.
Go Scotty! Go Scotty! Get busy!

And now the decision -
I've decided to not post the truly gross photos we've been taking of Scott's leg. We are willing to share with anyone that is interested but I think most of you don't really want to know how bad things look.
The healing of these wounds is going to take months. Taking photos along the way is my way of keeping things in check. It's easy to forget where we've been. And since these types of wounds are going to be common place for Scott from now on I'm hoping the photos serve as a reminder for me of how to care for them properly once we come home.
So anyone that is interested in seeing the pictures just leave me a comment here, email, text, call or light a signal fire.

I'll be home tomorrow with Kate and spending some time in the dentist chair (Hi Kevin!). Looking forward to the day with my bestest girl. I can't wait to hear what milestone Scott will achieve in my absence.

Anonymous –   – (February 19, 2010 at 8:08 AM)  

Good action!! Do you have a departure date as of yet?
Keep up the forward progress and won't be making it in this week. Still hackin up a lung here. Hopefully next week... Have a good weekend!!

Anonymous –   – (February 19, 2010 at 8:44 AM)  

It's nice to see things looking a bit better. Keep up the good work, Scott - you are truly an inspiration!
Christine & Mike

Kevin  – (February 20, 2010 at 11:01 PM)  

Nice boot. Reminds me of those 70's moon boots we all had. Ace Frehley would be digging it. Now, wear those treads out as best you can, brother.
Kevin

Post a Comment