My Day Off

So I spent my time away today eating BonBon's, painting my nails and reading trashy magazines.
And then it was 5:45a and I woke up. My fantasy was shattered. My raging sore throat and snotty nose had come to rain on my parade.
Kate spent her usual Friday morning at pre-school while I ran around town with my box of Kleenex doing fun things like oil change, bank deposits, grocery store (the kid thinks she needs milk and fruit - whatever kid drink the tap water) and Hallmark. Oh gosh kids Hallmark.
I lost it in Hallmark. Finally all these weeks of stress, fear, uncertainty and lack of sleep caught up with me. Standing there reading Valentines cards to Scott from Kate and to Kate from Scott, I turned into an absolute sobbing mess.
It was so not pretty. I'm sobbing and muttering things to myself like "what if this is the last Valentines we have together." I got mad that all the little kid cards are so surfacy. I didn't want surfacy, what if this is the last card? I want Kate to have something for her whole life that says just how her daddy feels about her. I'm here to tell you nothing with a strong sentiment comes with Dora on it.
To distract myself I went over to find a card to give Scott myself. Boy, that was stupid. I needed someone to grab me by my hair and drag me out of that damn store. But no...I'm too stupid to stop torturing myself.
Rest assured, I got my cards and I left them $150 for the hour of therapy.

I picked up Kate and we had lunch with a friend. While K napped I cleaned the house, paid bills and made some phone calls. Today playing the role of Adult is Brandi Witt ..... said in my best announcer voice

After nap K got a hair cut, we had dinner just the two of us and played about 600 rounds of hide and seek. It was phenomenal (well except that whole Hallmark thing). K is winding down and I'm posting this.

I got a great report out of JRB today. Scott had what he called "my best stand yet and it lasted 3 minutes". Sounds like he pulls out his best work in my absence. It sounds like he had a wonderful day.
I can hear in his voice that he's exhausted which is a good thing. Thanks PT Nate, Kate, OT Carole and Terri. And a super big, huge, ginormous thank you to Kathy. I wasn't a mess all day because I knew he was in good hands. That is the best gift anyone could ever give me.
And of course Scott is so popular he got some visitors. Sorry I missed you Allison, thanks for the call. Hugs to the family.



Looking forward to going up and seeing Scott tomorrow. I didn't miss the drive but I did miss my husband.

Anonymous –   – (February 5, 2010 at 7:31 PM)  

Sorry Hallmark was so rough on you, but sounds as tho they are feelings you needed to deal with or at least let to the surface not sure they are the type you deal with.
On the other hand sounds like you had a rahter nice mommy daughter day. Appriciate those cuz in the blink of an eye she will be 15 and your style sense will not be hers and your shopping ability will be only needed when it is time to pay.
Lots of love and hugs, Sara
Oh yeah Scott way to go!

BigDan  – (February 5, 2010 at 8:13 PM)  

Hey there...
After 30 years of doing this stuff, the only people I feel sorry for are the ones who don't have people like you in their lives.

For real...
Dan

Brandi  – (February 5, 2010 at 8:25 PM)  

Guys, I already said I was a mess once already today. I wasn't looking for a second round.

Thank you, sincerely, thank you.

Kath  – (February 6, 2010 at 4:45 PM)  

Hey Brandi...it was my pleasure. Glad you were able to have a day for yourself, even though it was hard. You did miss out on Jimmy John's!

Jen –   – (February 6, 2010 at 5:45 PM)  

Emotions although they suck do much better when we release them!!!

Scott way to rock!!!

Love you and Hallmark is great therapy when you least expect--i think they employ either heavily medicated people or people who need heavy meds to write those cards!!

Post a Comment