Mixed Bag of Nuts

Today, like most days, was a mixed bag of nuts.

Lets get rid of all the icky nuts first. Like the brazil nut, I hate those.

The lady on 5 passed. Some of her family was with her and from what I understand she was elderly and seemingly had a good life.

Scott did not magically heal overnight like he did in my dream last night.

The magic dish washing fairy didn't show up. The bitch seems to think she can take a week off.

There are lots of extended "family" that are fighting their way through the horrible winter cold and flu season. Feel better - Stevens'and Donahue's.

And as usual there is more drama. I'm not going to share here, I'm using my edit button for a change. Rest assured it's not related to Scott health.

KT is in full on terrible 2's with a healthy dose of "please sedate the mother" 3's.



And now the cashews and almonds - the sweet delicious nuts.

Scott worked his butt off in PT. Six separate stands. Two of which were over a minute. And to top it all off he only got three minutes to rest in between each stand. PT Nate is brutal - I LOVE him.

Scott had Carole for OT (the therapist from last stay). Scott got to play some bean bag basketball and balloon bounce. Sounds like lots of fun (which it is) but it's lots of hard work too.

Scott did both sessions of PT today which meant two extra transfers in and out of bed. He hadn't been able to do both PT sessions prior to today.

Donovan's (my Grandma's husband) spinal surgery went well. He was in happy drug land when I talk to my Grandma earlier this evening.

KT's ear seems to be doing well and her hearing loss and speech seem to be getting better.

********

So all things considered I would consider today a pretty "sweet and delicious" day. A few small brazil nuts won't ruin an entire jar of nuts.

Anonymous –   – (February 1, 2010 at 9:37 PM)  

Why do they even put the brazil nuts in there?! I have never met anyone who likes them...it's not like you hear people saying "oooh, you have mixed nuts? Save me the brazils." No one ever goes digging in the container to pick out every last Brazil nut...I say, let's get rid of them altogether.

Glad to hear all the good news, too! From one therapist to another (this is for you OTs and PTs)...bust his butt in those sessions so he can get home :) Glad to hear that although KT is being a typical 2, which is sometimes worse than terrible, that her ears are doing better. Lots of yummy almonds and cashews in there to make up for the couple of brazils.

Love, thoughts, and prayers,
Jenn, Steve, and Carter

Jen –   – (February 1, 2010 at 10:09 PM)  

Yes the brazil nuts are gross like the chocolates with the weird fruit fillings!

I saw a lady @ the gym today with a tattoo of abe lincoln--it was odd--and I had lots of jokes going on in my head!

Scott I'm glad all the food we brought-as it had so much nutrients in it--gave you the strength and power to rock PT and OT!!! Keep it up muscles!!!

Lov u guys!!
Jen

Anonymous –   – (February 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM)  

Well guys,things are looking promising.Great pictures Scott,wait till all that food catches up with you.Have you seen pictures of sumo wrestlers?I have a few puns for you.I thought I saw an eye doctor on an Alaskan Island,but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian.She was only a whiskey maker,but he loved her still.A hole has been found in the nudist camp wall,police are looking into it.Keep rehabbing,Nancy and Gary-Love and Prayers

Anonymous –   – (February 2, 2010 at 7:05 AM)  

Keep the brazil nuts in Brazil... Those nuts suck.. no pun intended.. :) Ive never met anybody who actually like those nuts. Talking about the need for extinction..
Keep up the good work Scott! In the words of Journey, Dont Stop Believin'. I know the song sucks but I'm sure you'll hear it in PT!!

Take care brah!!

Mark

Craig –   – (February 2, 2010 at 8:51 AM)  

Good Lord man...Journey? Scott we need to do an intervention!
Keep up the good work Brotha!!
Craig

Post a Comment