Bowmen Center - FINALLY

In the words of George Jefferson -


" We're moving on up...to the east side...to a deluxe apartment in the sky" Almost.....


Here are his deluxe accommodations for now. They are working on getting us a more spacious room. Those frequent flyer miles working for us.


Here's Scott's fantastic view.

Now don't all of you come rushing down here at once.

Seriously, no complaining here. It's good to be here and moving one step forward.

Scott did PT today. He was up and standing. His stand is looking better and better. It still takes 3 of us and it's only one legged but he can stand for 30 seconds-ish with all of us holding him up. Big improvements.

Tomorrow will be a big day with some serious PT and OT. Scott is going to be exhausted, which is a good thing.

I'm feeling better. Miss K has a double ear infection AGAIN. That poor girl was up most of the night. I ended up having to have my parents drive out from Palatine (35 minutes) at Midnight to help me out. I was still feeling crappy and I knew I needed to have my A game for today so I called for reinforcements. Thankfully I have wonderful parents. Mom spent most of the night sleeping on Kate's floor. Now that's love.

Had a wonderful but too brief visit with Rod, Esther Mae and Allison today. So good to see them again. I've missed my second family so much.

Hopefully, I'll be heading home for the night shortly. Tomorrow will be another early, long day for all.

Unknown  – (January 27, 2010 at 6:22 PM)  

Im working tomm so I will probably come by either at lunch or when I get off at 330. Glad to see you guys are doing well.

Brandi  – (January 27, 2010 at 8:12 PM)  

I was in such a hurry I forgot some important things.
1- while getting ready for the move over today we had a visit from Barb and Jessica from SICU (love the glasses Barb). So great to see them off the 5th floor. Right before they came we got a call from an impatient Kathy at JRB who hand selected our room for us and then later delivered fresh banana bread.
When I say we've got this place wired its a pretty true statement. Thanks Scott for being so awesome that everyone remembers their favorite patient. It really helps make my life easier.

2- Just got a phone inquiry about how the black spots on Scotts foot look.
I'm not going to lie - they look like shit. He has them all the way up the back of his calf. The guys are watching them and I'm going to reserve the complete freak out for when or if they start to worry about them. Still anticipating them getting worse before they get better.

******
Kathy- in a fit of desperation sitting in grid lock I reached over grabbed a banana bread loaf, tore off the foil, and ripped and hunk of it off with my teeth like some kind of wild animal. Thank you for saving me from starvation.


Apologies for typos and spelling. There is no spell check on this mobile link.

Anonymous –   – (January 27, 2010 at 9:01 PM)  

Good to hear the move went smoothly.
If you zoom in with that camera I bet you and scott could become peeping toms. lol
Here's to a peaceful night and a productive day tomorrow. Sara

BigDan  – (January 28, 2010 at 5:12 PM)  

Brandi and Scott...
It was nice meeting you all today. I have been following your adventures through Kathy for some time now. Brandi... I really meant it when I told you you are a damn fine writer; no need to be mortified! Look forward to getting to know you better.
Peace,
Dan Kopanke

Anonymous –   – (January 28, 2010 at 6:50 PM)  

Dear Brandi and Scott, So good to see you yesterday. Lots of prayers are with you both. Love ya', Alison

Brandi  – (January 28, 2010 at 9:50 PM)  

BigDan - such an honor to meet you. We couldn't love Kathy more if she was related by blood so meeting someone so important in her life is a true honor.
Thank you again for your kind words. I don't think of myself as a writer so accepting a compliment on my writing feels strange for me. In fact most of the time I think people are probably reading this blog and laughing at me. (Stupid childhood insecurities - I might need a therapy couch soon.) Please don't be a stranger.

Post a Comment