This is Nate

We meet Nate during our stay in 2008. Nate was just finishing his mentoring to become a SICU nurse.
Nate was with us the night I had to stand between Scott and the Dr. to keep Scott from being intubated. That night Nate would quietly sneak in being cautious to not wake a very sick Scott. He'd sneak around complete his work and leave the room silent as a mouse. He even offered us his finance books to help bore Scott to sleep.

A few short week later, Nate was having his first solo day in SICU. Scott was Nate's first solo patient discharge.

Just 3 days ago Nate was there the third time Scott started bleeding. Nate quickly jumped onto Scott's bed and pushed all 165lbs of himself onto Scott's leg to get the bleeding to stop. Pushing himself so hard his arms would ache later.


And tomorrow with any luck Nate will be there to help get Scott sitting up in a chair and discharge Scott for a second time.

Nate, we love you like family. You have gone from a scared rookie to one of the most decisive, caring, intelligent, compassionate, funny nurses we've ever had. We're so glad you're there and you're never allowed to leave.

****************************
Barbara, Barbie, Barb - don't worry Birthday Girl we haven't forgotten about you. Me and my Nikon will come hunt you down when you're finished enjoying your birthday weekend.


***************************
Oh and sorry kids but Nate is taken. But Barb isn't....
It's my blog and I'll play matchmaker if I want too.



Stay tuned tomorrow Scott will be sitting in a chair....

Jen –   – (January 14, 2010 at 9:35 PM)  

Hey--I have a single doctor for Barb!!!! We should work on this Brandi!!! He's great and it seems that she's amazing so let's see how we can work this!!!

Oh hey Scott glad you are doing well!!! I cannot wait to see you posed in a chair--will you do the model pose?

I will keep sending warm wishes--glad that miracle I ordered arrived ;o)!!! You are so lucky to have such amazing medical support and love surrounding you!!!

I will keep on the prowl for jokes for you, Brandi, I just feel bad torturing Scott with them for your enjoyment!!!

I love you!! Sending big hugs and kisses!!!

Anonymous –   – (January 15, 2010 at 4:43 AM)  

I LOVE these updates! Keep up the good work. I will check in on you all before we go wrestling tonight. And of course because I want to read some more of Jen's jokes. lol
Lots of love and hugs, Sara

Carmo Pfaff –   – (January 15, 2010 at 8:57 AM)  

Sending warm and wet puppy dog kisses!!

Woof!! Woof!! Woof!!

Camo

Barb –   – (January 15, 2010 at 10:59 AM)  

Hey Scott and Brandi!!

I heard you got into the chair today Scott!! YAY!!!! I knew you could do it! I can't wait to see you out side the ICU.. Ill def be coming up stairs to visit!

I would love a little bday ring... My nephews made me a cake yesterday which was so cute.... Brandi- you are too funny.. match maker on the blog!! ok if you must ;)

Have a great rest of the day! Talk to you soon!!

Barb, Barbie, Barbara, Babs

Unknown  – (January 15, 2010 at 12:14 PM)  

Yeah for Me I win~ but ~ ALLE *%@#ing LUYAH For you Scotty !!!!
I'm Smiling for you from ear to ear. Rest up and see you soon !
Tons of LOVE,
Jay'me

Post a Comment