The Sun is Shining

Scott had a pretty good night. He managed to get some sleep. He continues to struggle with some delusions. This morning he was getting ready to go to a bowling outing and couldn't find his pants or shoes. The boys hasn't bowled in a few years and we weren't discussing bowling at any point yesterday. It's just his strange little mind working.
Other than the delusions he's doing well. Dr. Ben snuck in before I got here and removed the sandbag from Scott thigh. He still has the saline bags but we're moving in the right direction. We're just going to cautiously move one teeny tiny step forward at a time.
We're talking about going up to the floor today. SICU translation - moving to the 8th floor and out of SICU
As you can imagine I'm totally stoked - solo room, means Scott is more stable, easier visiting, better sleep etc.
And I'm totally completely terrified - Scott can go from A-OK to gushing blood and bottoming out in 15seconds. If he's here they can handle a crisis like that - upstairs not so much.
I completely trust Dr. Chad, Dr. Ben and Dr. N. If they think he's ready then I will roll with it. I just end up feeling like I need to be around more often which causes some stress.

We're also going to be getting him up and moving. For me the right balance would be to get Scott moving here (SICU) (just in case movement causes issues) and then transfer him to the floor if he handles that well.
I'm typically not a cautious person - I fly in small airplanes, I love riding fast on Harley's, at 24 I chose a career in a very uncertain risk filled field - I'm not risk adverse at all but when it comes to this I become filled with fear and trepidation.
Good thing the Dr.'s keep it real for me. And good thing I love them so much.

Today could be an interesting day. I'm hoping it's a good interesting.

At least we have Nate as our nurse today. He'll make things easy.

Crossing my fingers and swallowing my fear.

Jen –   – (January 14, 2010 at 8:49 AM)  

Amazing news!!! I'm stoked!!!

Its a great day! I started my day with a run and lifted and now hanging out at the social security office--be glad these people are not @ rush in any capacity!!!

Hopefully I'm not here to long and I can find some great jokes!!! Stay positive!!

Love you both!!!

Anonymous –   – (January 14, 2010 at 8:51 AM)  

Prayers said; thanks given; hugs sent; all things crossed!

Unc & Doug

Anonymous –   – (January 14, 2010 at 9:45 AM)  

Keeping our fingers crossed right along with you. One step at a time. I sent Brandi the recipe for the gingerbread cookies, maybe someone at home can make them for you and you can cross the finish line to them. Rooting for you all the way. Love you guys! The Nortons

Kath  – (January 14, 2010 at 9:45 AM)  

Hope all goes well today! If you need more banana bread, let me know!

Brandi  – (January 14, 2010 at 9:58 AM)  

Banana bread, gingerbread cookies - you guys are killing me. My ass is growing.

Unknown  – (January 14, 2010 at 9:59 AM)  

Onward and upward ! You've gotta look up for both shoes and to see where the hell you're going.
See you soon,
Jayme

Anonymous –   – (January 14, 2010 at 10:27 AM)  

great news..one day at a time..one hour at a time.
Love yas Sara

Jen –   – (January 14, 2010 at 11:54 AM)  

Sorry Brandi!!

Scott I promised and oh I came up with something else for you to do--check out the DMB video for you and me--pretty cool! OK now on to the jokes---

1--Why is the hearing of people who work on the railroad different from people who work elsewhere?

Cause they have Engine-Ears

2--grasshopper walks into a bar, bartender says, "hey we have a drink named after you!" grasshopper says, "you have a drink named Kevin?"

3--what did the baby corn say to the mama corn?

Where is Pop Corn

4---What's a pirates favorite sport?

NascAARRRRRRRRR

5---what did the ocean say to the beach??

nothing it just waved!!

6--Two atoms are drinking at the bar. Suddenly one says to the other, "I've just lost one of my
electrons!"
"Are you sure?" asks the other.
"Yes," replied the first atom. "I'm positive."

7--A bicycle can't stand on its own because it is two-tired.

Hope these bring a smile to your Thursday afternoon!!

Love you!!

Jen

Unknown  – (January 14, 2010 at 12:15 PM)  

Jen- you're killing me!
Brandi & Scott
1 day at a time!
Congrats and we wil be watching, keep it up Scotty!!
Luv, Saskija & my Plates

Brandi  – (January 14, 2010 at 12:42 PM)  

Jennifer, I think Scott just crashed. Even he was rolling his eyes at those. So very, very bad.

Jen –   – (January 14, 2010 at 1:04 PM)  

Well I will look for better jokes!!

Glad things continue to go well today!!!

Did you share with scott my adventures from social security--who knew I was on a jerry springer episode!!

Anonymous –   – (January 14, 2010 at 3:28 PM)  

Good news! Scott, keep improving and Brandi just might have to get that trapeze after all.

Love you guys. Wish I could be there to visit.

Kris B.

Craig –   – (January 14, 2010 at 4:08 PM)  

Diggity Jackson!

Post a Comment