I'm Still Standing

With a little help from my friends....


Such grit and determination

I'm proud of you Scotty. I know it wasn't easy but you pushed hard today.


We're still hanging around the 8th floor. We should be moving tomorrow to JRB. We've put in our reservation requests... 6th floor with Kathy, Keira and Fran, OT with Carole, private room and Dr. Young whom we've gotten to know and admire during our tenure on the JRB Patient Advisory Council.

Keep on rocking.....

********************************************

Here are a couple links with info on the mission to Haiti

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp58LygjHW0

a blog from one of the surgeons http://rushnews.wordpress.com/2010/01/26/mission-to-haiti-dr-jeff-mjaanes-first-blog-entry/

and for anyone on FaceBook there is a Facebook Group that is helping pay the overwhelming financial expenses to send Dr. Ben over to Haiti. He took on the expense personally but his support group has rallied (much like Scott's) to help in the financial burden. If you feel so inclined to donate or if you just can join and spread the word. http://www.facebook.com/#/group.php?gid=263316483030&ref=mf

*********************************************


I'm feeling a little better. Since Scott got all his activities completed this morning I went home for a nap. The next few days as Scott adjusts to life at Bowman and the 2-3 hours of physical therapy (PT) and occupational therapy (OT) (Hey Carole) I'll be spending a lot of time at the hospital to help with the transition.

It's a fantastic positive step forward. But with all change comes apprehension. It's so comforting to know that we've already got some great friends that happen to be fantastic nurses there to support us. (Don't forget our bread Kath - I'm craving)

This will serve as todays update unless Scott decides to get creative. See you on the flip side kids.

Jen –   – (January 26, 2010 at 5:56 PM)  

Go Scott! Go Scott! We are gonna party cause you are doing so AWESOME!!! Way to go today! That looks like a fun gadget they have you in--way to go!

Brandi glad you got rested and feeling better!!

I am so excited I am ready to bounce off the walls :0)

I love you guys!!!

Love
Jen

Anonymous –   – (January 26, 2010 at 8:00 PM)  

Anything is possible with a little help from your friends.

Love n hugs Sara

Anonymous –   – (January 26, 2010 at 8:05 PM)  

way to go scott!!!!! but shouldn't ya leave the sex swing at home til your feelin a lil stronger? POWER to the KINKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
brent

Brandi  – (January 26, 2010 at 8:44 PM)  

Brent - I just died for a moment from laughter. Kris B. where you at on that comment?

And because I've been asked...feel free to share the blog website with anyone you like. If they are important enough in your life to share with then they are important enough in ours.
Feeling the love....always feeling the love....

Anonymous –   – (January 26, 2010 at 9:38 PM)  

Brandi n Scott I recieved this via e-mail from a friend after sharing the web site. It touched me n thought it would you too. I don't think she will mind me sharing............. Sara


I don't know ur cousin but I checked out ur link because u have kind of been keeping us all updated with how he is doing. It was a beautiful sight, like a journey and I am sure very theraputic for everyone. Did he get in an accident? Just wanted to say that I worked on a floor much like he appears to be on and just watching the critical pts get better is so rewarding. He looks like he is in good hands and has a good family. Like I said I don't know him but it was very touching to read. Talk to ya later!

Anonymous –   – (January 27, 2010 at 1:21 AM)  

We're so pleased to see the progress you are making Scott.We know its exhausting but keep on keeping on.Brandi,you are a great motivator,now motivate yourself to get some well deserved R&R.If its getting to be too much just get in touch with us.Teagan would love to hang out with Kate.The offer is always there.Love Nancy and GaryP.S. that johnny jump up is way cool.

Up North Amherdts!  – (January 27, 2010 at 8:01 AM)  

All Right-what a nice way to wake up, click on the blog and see such progress! Wonderful! Love to you Scott Brandi and Kate!

Anonymous –   – (January 27, 2010 at 9:27 AM)  

Wow, you are amazing Scott! :) And so are your doctors, nurses, therapists (both physical and mental)...and I know you couldn't have done it without Brandi's support. It's awesome to see you making such progress.

Brandi, it sounds like you still aren't feeling 100% so if there's anything we can do, we're around, please ask. Anything.

I hope the move to JRB goes well today. We'll be over to hang once you get settled.

Love you guys.
ann

Anonymous –   – (January 27, 2010 at 9:29 AM)  

Sex swing and how many pretty ladies on uniform? Don't get any ideas you husbands.....

Anonymous –   – (January 27, 2010 at 10:58 AM)  

Awesome news about Scott!!! Keep it up!

Brandi hope you feel better soon.

And as always, love, hugs and prayers your direction.

Sere

Anonymous –   – (January 27, 2010 at 12:41 PM)  

I just got yo see this this morning. How wonderful. I printed out all the news and pictures for you unc. We may be seeing you all this weekend. Love, Lynn

Christine and Mike –   – (January 27, 2010 at 1:39 PM)  

Keep up the good work and you'll be going fishing in no time! :-]

Post a Comment