More of the Same

Just talked to Dr. Jacobs. Scott did well through surgery. They removed more blood clot but this time there was no real active bleeding.
They filled the entire cavity with Bio-Glue, coating everything. Scott's incision won't close all the way any longer. They are having to get creative in closing it.
Hoping this is the last time they have to go in. Next time it would be very difficult because of all the glue.

Scott will be in SICU for a while again. He's in room 511 which I HATE. Nothing but bad horrible, God awful experience in that room. I want him moved but being in a quad is worse so I'll just swallow my silly superstitions.

Thanks for all the love guys. You're all helping keep him safe.

Anonymous –   – (January 18, 2010 at 9:37 AM)  

That BioGlue is awesome. Good to hear on the surgery!! The vibes are working!! Get some rest today and hopefully this is the last time they have to go in there!!

Mark

Anonymous –   – (January 18, 2010 at 9:53 AM)  

As always, prayers are with you!

Unc & Doug

Jen –   – (January 18, 2010 at 9:57 AM)  

Great news!!! Brandi, I know your not crazy about the room but the best news is he is where they can take care of him 100% and meet his needs if they arise!!

Scott rest up we still owe you a pizza!!!

Hugs and lots of good vibes!
Jen

Anonymous –   – (January 18, 2010 at 10:07 AM)  

Baby steps, baby steps. All of our good vibes are going to offset any feelings you may have about that room. Wish I could get someone to buy me a pizza. All of our love and prayers; from the Nortons.

Anonymous –   – (January 18, 2010 at 11:18 AM)  

Sending lots of love and good vibes your way. Look for the ray of sunshine not the other shoe Brandi. One day at a time one hour at a time, keep faith.
Love yas Sara

Anonymous –   – (January 18, 2010 at 4:17 PM)  

You can do it Scott!! You've been doing great!!! Ill be seeing you guys Thursday!! Hang in there...
-Barb

Anonymous –   – (January 18, 2010 at 8:12 PM)  

Brandi,don't worry about the room.It's just a room and I prayed for good juju to fill the room.Besides Scott's guardian angel is hanging out there.Bio glue is another name for gorilla glue and that stuff kicks ass.Love and prayers,Nancy and Gary

Mark Stevens –   – (January 18, 2010 at 10:12 PM)  

You tell those doctors to come up up something half as unique and awsome as you. That should not only be the "Cure" but teach all a Rush Students that every problem is Chemistry, Biology or Mechanics. A good mix of those is down right Artistic. I wish that what ever your body needs to gain strength and heal up , would slap someone in the face. Mother Nature delt this to us, she should offer up a little help I think. I've had a drink and time to think. I hope you feel some streghth not angst and know how much we're all fighting with you emotionally. If I could beat the crap out this so called disorder; I'd straighten this SOB up so righteously, they'd rename a filling system after it. So there, Hang tight, have faith~ people love you and your mind is strong and your spirit stronger. We will be there soon with hugs and kisses. I promise not to hurt anyone! I love you Scotty !
Jay'me

Anonymous –   – (January 19, 2010 at 6:07 AM)  

Good morning! I work with Kara at American Chartered. I have been praying for Scott and your family for a couple of weeks now. Through all the hard stuff of life, God is still good. I have been where you are on the medical roller coaster when my grandson was born 15 weeks early and from day to day and hour to hour we did not know if he would live and if he did if he would ever walk, talk, see or hear. He is a bright 13 year old who came through it all with just a limp. He still struggles and has to fight everyday but with God's help he is coming out a winner. I pray that God will give you a miracle as well. This verse helped me keep perspective and make it through each day of the journey when things were hardest:
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. ALL THE DAYS ORDAINED FOR ME WERE WRITTEN IN YOUR BOOK BEFORE ONE OF THEM CAME TO BE. Psalm 139: 15-16
God is in ultimate control and knows the outcome. Unfortunately, we are not God and cannot see the future or the whys of the hard road we are currently traveling on. God's best to you! I will continue to pray, it's always the best course of action.
Donna

Post a Comment