Because I'm lucky

In the two days before Scott's passing, his ability to speak became very difficult. He just didn't have the strength to project his voice any longer. He'd been in this position before so we reverted to the tried and true methods of communicating, a notebook.
I have pages of notes from previous hospital stays. Some of his thoughts are very clear but there are some that I simply can't recall what he was talking about.
The morning he died, Scott and I were trying to find a writing utensil that fit in his hand well. He was so tired and shaky that a normal pen just didn't work. Crayons, sharpies (markers), dry erase crayons, pens... we tried it all. Scott had something really important to share with me and had to get it written down.
I'm glad he did.

Kim  – (March 24, 2011 at 3:48 PM)  

Just when I haven't cried in a week, I see this. :love:

Jill –   – (March 24, 2011 at 5:21 PM)  

What a great thing for both you and your mom to have.

Anonymous –   – (March 24, 2011 at 5:41 PM)  

WOW. I am so impressed with him. He had such little time here but sure did find the right people. Jeanne Snyder

Sara –   – (March 24, 2011 at 7:20 PM)  

what Kim said.

love this. so glad you have it! <3

LisaW  – (March 24, 2011 at 7:23 PM)  

What a wonderful gift he gave you. Hugs my friend :)

Colleen  – (March 25, 2011 at 8:33 AM)  

what a beautiful thing to have.

Faren  – (March 26, 2011 at 7:20 PM)  

So sweet. I'm glad you have this to cherish.

Anonymous –   – (March 29, 2011 at 2:26 PM)  

So sweet.

Post a Comment