The sun is up

I'm glad the sun is shining. The night is so lonely. There is no escape.

Scott has progressively gotten worse. His breathing is slow, labored and erratic. He's been dreaming a lot. Last night he was talking about Kate getting a new bike. Then he was "eating" corn on the cob in his sleep and trying to text Bonnie to see if she wanted to go to Joe's Crab Shack for a crab leg dinner. Fortunately for everyone, I took away his phone. I don't think he could have actually gotten a call made or a text done but it would have been funny if he did.
His speech is unintelligible and mostly, from what bits and pieces I can put together, he talks nonsense. A short time ago he wanted to turn on the TV so I've turned on some fishing show so he can listen to it in his moments of alertness, however brief they may be.
Kate's waking now. I'm a little nervous about that. It's nice to know that if I feel like being here isn't the best place for her I have so many wonderful people surrounding us that will come and get her.
Now if only Starbucks delivered... or maybe hospice has an IV for that (for me of course).
I hoping for a few more wonderful moments as a family today. Go out and make your wonderful moments today too.

Colleen  – (March 12, 2011 at 7:06 AM)  

It sounds so very hard. You are so lucky to have so many supportive people around you.

And if I were closer you would so have that Starbucks!!!

Heather D.  – (March 12, 2011 at 7:18 AM)  

Prayers for you all today. Make some great moments today.

Kath  – (March 12, 2011 at 9:24 AM)  

Thinking of you always...love you!

Anonymous –   – (March 12, 2011 at 9:49 AM)  

Dear Brandi and Scott, Praying that the Lord will wrap you in His love and surround you with His peace and strength today. Hugs and love to all three of you-Ric and Alison and Rod and Esthermae

missy dappen  – (March 12, 2011 at 10:13 AM)  

Sending so much love. I dedicate every moment of joy to you guys today.

Jen  – (March 12, 2011 at 10:26 AM)  

I'm glad that you have wonderful people to support you during this tough time. Sending lots of T&P your way!

Craig –   – (March 12, 2011 at 11:12 AM)  

You're all in our thoughts and prayers...
Craig & Lindsey

Anonymous –   – (March 12, 2011 at 1:03 PM)  

I'm a reader from The Nest and I've been following your blog for a few months now. I marvel at your attitude and strength. I pray that your husband has some peaceful moments and that you are all blessed.

Anonymous –   – (March 12, 2011 at 3:22 PM)  

Brandi,
I am praying for peace throughout your home, for an absence of anxiety, for a few smiles and laughs in the midst of this storm. I love you all and am with you in thoughts all day.
Carole Hall

Nat  – (March 12, 2011 at 5:39 PM)  

I hope your family has some quality time today. Lots of hugs and your strength is admirable. Hugs.

Post a Comment