Seven days

It's been seven days since you passed. I tried to keep myself busy with work this afternoon, to distract me from feeling the moment. It didn't work. I looked at my watch at exactly 250pm, the last time I remember seeing the clock as your struggled for your last breath.
I closed my eyes and I could once again hear your final words to me "I love my girls". You were so weak, gasping for breath but your words were as clear as they had every been.
I know most people go through moments in their marriage where they doubt how their spouse feels. Where a fight gets out of hand and words are spoken that hurt. I'm so lucky that in the nine years we were togeher I never had one of those moments. Never did a second pass that I doubted your love for me.

I know you continue to rescue me. Today when I pulled into the funeral home to pick up your death certificates and Kate started to cry because she didn't want to go in, your song came on the radio.

Kate stopped crying and we both quietly sat and listened to the song. We climbed out of the car, Kate wrapped her arms around my neck and we both said "I love you".
Her good mood continued as we spent the next two hours at the social security office. She never cried, yelled or got out of hand and I never lost my patience.

We continue to move forward slowly, but it's not without you. We'll never be without you.

Always,
B.

Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2011 at 7:22 PM)  

One of my favorite songs...

(((HUGS)))

BigDan  – (March 22, 2011 at 7:39 PM)  

Our love is truly with you. We think of you often.

Scott  – (March 22, 2011 at 9:49 PM)  

If ever there was evidence of Scott's presence with you and Kate...I know I'll never it doubt it. And I love that you won't either. You continue to inspire Scott and Brandi. Thank you.

Mommara  – (March 22, 2011 at 10:22 PM)  

Amazing and Beautiful. He was a lucky man to have you guys and you guys know how lucky you are. Big Hugs.

Faren  – (March 22, 2011 at 10:38 PM)  

Your love for each other is beautiful to read. Thank you for continuing to share your story. Love and hugs from Texas.

Carolyn  – (March 22, 2011 at 11:05 PM)  

Sending you many hugs! That song is amazingly beautiful.

Care  – (March 23, 2011 at 12:39 AM)  

You have such an amazing love for Scott and he for you. Thanks for sharing it with us. What a powerful post.

Hugs from Seattle.

Care (SPN).

Jen  – (March 23, 2011 at 7:12 AM)  

Thinking about you guys all the time!!! You are so strong!

Post a Comment