Tired, the understatement of the year

An exhausting, mostly productive, gut wrenching, soul filling, educational day.

It was a really rough night last night. No matter what I tried I just couldn't get Scott's breathing better. I exhausted all my options, used every tool in my toolbox and finally just had to sit and wait it out.
The sun finally came up and with it came slightly easier breaths for Scott.

A very busy day filled with lots of wonderful, supportive hospice staff. Those of you that have read this blog for a long time know that I sometimes... um... clash... with doctors and nurses. I have a unique personality type and I require people to be on their toes, detail oriented, quick on the draw and at the top of their game. I'm feeling mostly comfortable by the people we've met already. I do know beyond a doubt they are doing their best to make Scott comfortable.

Scott is exhausted and sleeping right now. He is on oxygen full time now. If we can get some of the junk out of his lungs we can discontinue that. We'll just have to see how things progress.
Kate played at Grammy's house today so I could focus on getting all the hospice paperwork and such organized.
I have some good news to share with you all for a change.
These photos were taken tonight with the newest Witt family member.

I finally caved in to Scott's wishes and ordered the Nikon d300s and Nikon 24-70 f/2.6.

These two photos were taken at ISO 3600 at 7pm tonight without flash. Further more I was sitting in the same spot when I took them. That's is how much range my new lens has.
I'm completely smitten.
With all the drama of the day I only took 6 pictures and really haven't even begun to figure out what this gear is capable of. These photos are SOOC (straight out of camera) and have no retouching at all.
There are so many people that made the purchase of this camera possible. Anonymous donations, terrific friends that orchestrated the anonymous donors, my family, my Grams and most importantly my husband. He was the driving force behind it all. Now I have to do him proud and get this camera rocking.

Hoping for a quiet night. Prepared in case it isn't.

The love, support, care and compassion continues to overwhelm and amaze both Scott and I. I cannot express our gratitude. But, I will search for the words after I've had a few hours sleep.

Saskija  – (March 9, 2011 at 9:47 PM)  

Good luck, good night Wittys.
Lotsa luv,
The Ottumwa Plates

Nicole  – (March 10, 2011 at 3:59 PM)  

You are sooooo going to rock this new gear. Scott knows this and that's why he pushed so hard for it. I'm excited for you and can't wait to see more! Signed, your biggest fan! ;)

Post a Comment