The Day Before

My husband gave me one final gift. He stayed here one more day so I could have photos to last Kate and I a lifetime.
http://www.karaschultzweddingphotos.com/flaunt/#/page/5fbf/the-witts/

I watched this slide show on my phone for the first time last night as I laid on the floor next to Scott's bed. Tears rolling off my cheeks. I watched it again with Scott and Kate this morning, Scott smiling from ear to ear. I watched it again on my phone as I laid next to Scott as he took his last breath.
Kate's voice over the baby monitor as she happily played, boycotting her nap.

Scott fought every last breath until the end. His beloved Becky cat resting on his lap.

Katherine and I have talked about what's happened. She asked to see him and we sat in his room talking about her Daddy being free. Katherine said it best to the hospice nurse when she said, "My Daddy can't talk anymore. But it's ok, his soul is in heaven."

A wonderful man that gave everything to his family. Fighting so hard to overcome all the obsticles in his way. His soul is finally resting with his mother, his father and his sister.

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 4:12 PM)  

All my love babe. Be there soon. Sara

Chrystal  – (March 15, 2011 at 4:24 PM)  

I am so sorry for your loss. ((HUGS))
chrystal

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 4:31 PM)  

I'm sorry Brandi.

S4

Scott  – (March 15, 2011 at 4:33 PM)  

You all are amazing. Scott inspires even as he passes. I'll never forget Scott and his way of just being friendly and giving, even during the worst of times. And I'll never forget how you B handled all of this. And Kate proves once again what a beautiful soul she is. Hugs from all of us and we love you.

Colleen  – (March 15, 2011 at 4:39 PM)  

I am so very sorry Brandi. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

rmurray –   – (March 15, 2011 at 4:41 PM)  

just a follower from the bump photo board from a while back... i've been following your story and am overwhelmed by the beauty of you and your family. i'm so sorry for your loss. kate serves as an example of how we all should be. may scott's memory forever be a blessing to you and kate.

Jen –   – (March 15, 2011 at 4:45 PM)  

love you!!! big hugs!

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 4:45 PM)  

Brandi, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. You are truly a brave and beautiful woman. You'll be in my thoughts. *HUGS*

aidkaid19  – (March 15, 2011 at 4:45 PM)  

i am so sorry for your loss. your family photos are gorgeous. your family is gorgeous. and you are amazing.

thoughts and prayers for you and your family. <3

Angela  – (March 15, 2011 at 4:50 PM)  

I am so sorry. You, Scott and your family are an inspiration. Thank you for letting us into your lives.

Faren  – (March 15, 2011 at 4:52 PM)  

Brandi I'm so sorry. you are truly an amazing woman and continue to pray for you. Lots of hugs and love sent your way.

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 4:53 PM)  

Brandi, Kate & Family,

We are very sorry for your loss. Continue to stay strong Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Curt & Tracy Schmidt

Christina Martinez  – (March 15, 2011 at 4:54 PM)  

I am so sorry Brandi. We will continue to pray for you all. Thank you for allowing us into your lives.

Lori Michelle  – (March 15, 2011 at 4:55 PM)  

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

The pictures are beautiful. *hugs*

Jamie  – (March 15, 2011 at 4:56 PM)  

Brandi, I am so very sorry for your loss. I will continue to keep you and your beautiful little girl in my thoughts and prayers.

B  – (March 15, 2011 at 4:59 PM)  

Scott has inspired more people and touched more lives in his short time here than most people do in their entire lives. You and your family is truly and inspiration. I am so sorry for your loss but please know that Scott will always live on in you, Kate and the lives of everyone he has ever come in contact with.
-Becca

Kar  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:04 PM)  

I'm so very sorry Brandi and Kate for your loss. I am so thankful I was able to make it over yesterday and capture those images for you to have forever. Your strength and optimism is contagious, your a wonderful and amazing person and I feel blessed to know you.

Kara

Glinda  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:06 PM)  

I am so so sorry for your loss, Brandi. My heart is with you and your family.

Jill –   – (March 15, 2011 at 5:08 PM)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I wasn't expecting to read this update today. Thinking of you, Kate, and your family as you grieve the loss of a wonderful man. Thank you for sharing him with all of us.

Unknown  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:12 PM)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I can picture that ear to ear smile in my head as he always wore it when standing up in JRB, especially when Nate was helping. You and Kate are in my thoughts and prayers always.
Krysta, PT at JRB

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 5:16 PM)  

Brandi and Kate,

We are so sorry for your loss.

We feel we have lost a son.

Love,
Chuck and Eileen

*mckenzie*  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:17 PM)  

I am so incredibly sorry Brandi.

My heart is broken for you and Kate. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers.

I just don't even know what else to say. I'm so glad you have those beautiful pictures.

*mckenzie (SPN)

Amanda  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:18 PM)  

I am so sorry for your loss.

Rebecca  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:24 PM)  

*hugs* I can't imagine, but I'm so thankful he held on one more day to have those images taken. I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

LisaW  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:31 PM)  

What a beautiful slide show. Kate is so right. He is in heaven smiling down at you both. Love and hugs.

Unknown  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:33 PM)  

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and Kate. I'm so thankful that you got that one last, beautiful gift from Scott. I wish we could do more to show you how much we love you guys and are mourning with you, but know that we're continuing to pray for you.

Kevin  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:34 PM)  

Our thoughts and hearts are with you. Your courage, honesty and love has taught and guided so many of us. We are all blessed to know such a great human like Scott. Like Kate. Like B.
Much Love From,
Kevin, Tabatha, Gianna & Quinn

Kath  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:38 PM)  

Scott is at peace, watching over you and Katie. So glad we saw you guys last week. Love and prayers with you always. Such beautiful pictures too!

Sarah B  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:42 PM)  

You and your sweet girl in my thoughts and prayers.

Jamie  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:44 PM)  

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers <3

missy dappen  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:44 PM)  

Hugs, thoughts, prayers, and much, much love to you all. You truly are an amazing bunch. Scott will be missed by so many.

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 5:45 PM)  

Brandi and Kate-
I'm so sorry you had to lose such an incredible husband and father. You three have shown me what courage and strength really is. Thank you for sharing all of your journey-it has been amazing. Thinking of you always♥
Robyn

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 5:45 PM)  

I'm so sorry Brandi. Lots of hugs and prayers coming your way.

Jen  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:46 PM)  

Brandi and Kate, I am so sorry for your loss. What a wonderful last gift from Scott. You will all continue to be in my prayers. Hugs!!

Unknown  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:49 PM)  

Brandi,
I am so sorry for your loss. Scott was an amazing man who touched so many people, even in his last days.
You are an amazing and strong woman, and Kate is so fortunate to have such an incredible person as a life-long role model. She is also blessed to have spent the first several years of her life getting to know and love the amazing man that her father was.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 5:55 PM)  

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you. Stay strong. I'll be thinking of you and your family.

-Texia

Tripps  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:56 PM)  

brandi, i'm so sorry for your loss...

Sara *momtotnc* –   – (March 15, 2011 at 5:58 PM)  

the pictures are amazing. you're amazing. scott is amazing. i love that you were able to get these done before he went to be with his parents and sister. thinking of you and Kate--wish there was more I could do.

Elizabeth  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:59 PM)  

i'm so sorry for your loss, Brandi. you could see the love you all shared in those photos. they brought tears to my eyes. you and Kate will be in my prayers for the weeks and months to come. you were an amazing wife to Scott. so selfless and positive. i wish i could give you a hug!

Lindsey VanTiem Photography  – (March 15, 2011 at 6:01 PM)  

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sending hugs to you. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts & prayers. My heart goes out to you and your daughter during this difficult time.

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 6:02 PM)  

I am so sorry for your loss. No words can express that enough. You are an amazing woman, and are such a strong mother to Kate. ((hugs))

r9

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 6:02 PM)  

Brandi,words could never express the sadness we feel.Scott was a wonderful human being.Memories will keep him alive in your hearts.All our love and prayers Nancy and Gary

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 6:08 PM)  

An amazing man, and an even more amazing family. Huge hugs to both you and Kate.
Karen (tilden2)

Elizabeth –   – (March 15, 2011 at 6:09 PM)  

My heart is broken for you and Kate. I'm so happy that you were able to get those photos taken before Scott passed away. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers in the days to come. (((hugs)))

melissa  – (March 15, 2011 at 6:14 PM)  

My heart is so broken for you and your family. It's a Godsend that you had pictures done. You and Kate are going to be in my prayers.

Rachel  – (March 15, 2011 at 6:22 PM)  

May God wrap you and Kate in His peace that surpasses our understanding. We keep you in our prayers in your time of loss. Hugs and love sent to your family.

(ISBJN)

Amber  – (March 15, 2011 at 6:30 PM)  

(((((hugs)))))
Thank you for sharing Scott's story with us. He is an angel for sure.

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 6:30 PM)  

We will be there soon. Thinking of you all. We love you
samantha

Melissa  – (March 15, 2011 at 6:32 PM)  

Brandi ~ I am so very sorry... for your loss.... for your daughters loss... I am not sorry, however, that you have shared your journey with the world.. your strength, your words, your grace have me in total awe. Thank you so much for taking time to share... for sharing your awesome husband & gorgeous daughter with the world. Amazing. amazing. amazing.

Jenn jijemi –   – (March 15, 2011 at 6:32 PM)  

I am so sorry for your loss, but glad that you had those last moments in pictures. you both are in my prayers.

Joanna  – (March 15, 2011 at 6:32 PM)  

Brandi, words can not express how incredibly sad I am for your loss...he will live on through Kate. You will be in my constant thoughts & prayers.

Unknown  – (March 15, 2011 at 6:35 PM)  

I am so sorry, Brandi. Sending you and your family love and thoughts of comfort.

kgiff  – (March 15, 2011 at 6:40 PM)  

Brandi, there are no words. I'm so sorry for your loss. You, Kate, and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Allison –   – (March 15, 2011 at 6:45 PM)  

Brandi,
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart hurts for you right now. My prayer is that you and Kate will find comfort and peace in this difficult time.
Allison
(MrsAlliP)

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 6:54 PM)  

Through my tears I send my very heart. You have been amazing Brandi...I am relieved that Scott is free from his suffering but so broken to have him gone from our lives. All the love and support from so may that love you and Katie are still here.

Peace on your home tonite.
Carole Hall

Heidi  – (March 15, 2011 at 6:55 PM)  

I'm so sorry for your loss, Brandi. I'm glad you and Kate will always have these pictures to look back on to remember how much Scott loved you both. You are such a strong woman and Kate is such a beautiful and brave little girl to go through so much at such a young age. May Scott rest in peace.

Gina Engle  – (March 15, 2011 at 7:27 PM)  

Brandi I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cori –   – (March 15, 2011 at 7:28 PM)  

I am so sorry for your loss.

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 7:31 PM)  

Dear Brandi and Katie:

And now he rests. I'm so SO sorry for your loss. You are going through what none of us wants to experience and at such a young age. I wish we were able to steal away just a little of your grief --if only we could help you carry it for awhile.

The photos are priceless! What a blessing to have that group of women come into your lives. And bless Scott for making it happen.

Sending wishes too for Katie to recouperate quickly from her nasty cold and that you take a few minutes to rest as well.

I will continue to keep you beautiful young ladies in my prayers.

Rhonda H
Oskaloosa,IA

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 7:43 PM)  

Brandi,

I am so very sorry for your loss. I will continue praying that you and Kate will find peace.

Heather (LittleBit)

Jen  – (March 15, 2011 at 7:44 PM)  

Brandi, Words can't express the deepest sympathy I have for you and your family. You are such an amazing, strong woman and I will keep you and Kate in my thoughts and prayers.

Much Love,
Jennifer Anne

The McCombies  – (March 15, 2011 at 7:44 PM)  

Brandi, I don't have the words to express my condolences to you. You are in my thoughts & prayers, today of all days. You and Kate are such strong ladies. - Erin (EMTX)

KristinsEyes  – (March 15, 2011 at 7:52 PM)  

You are a wonderful woman with an amazing heart...take comfort in the peace that Scott is no longer in pain.

I am blessed to have you enter my virtual work...you have caused me to take a look at myself and my life. This will make me a better person.

Enjoy the photos...they are beautiful.

-kristinp36

Heather  – (March 15, 2011 at 7:53 PM)  

I am so so very sorry for your loss. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 7:54 PM)  

i love you.

-e

Ashley. Unscripted...  – (March 15, 2011 at 8:06 PM)  

Hi girl, it's Bubbly from the Nest. I just wanted to offer you my (((HUGS))) and prayers. You are such a strong and amazing woman and are an inspiration for all of us.

Much love and God bless.

xoxo,
Ashley aka Bubblytoes

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 8:07 PM)  

Brandi,
We can't possibly know what you are going through right now, we can only let you know that our hearts are with you even though we can't be there physically. My heart goes out to both you and Kate and I wish that I could be there for you. We will miss Scott dearly and are glad for the time that we did have with him as a part of our family.
All our love,
Tracey, Brad, Amanda and Caleb

Nicole  – (March 15, 2011 at 8:08 PM)  

Brandi my heart and soul aches for you and kate and your family. I'm still praying although the prayers have changed a bit. May God give you strength and peace. Love and hugs to you and kate.

Nat  – (March 15, 2011 at 8:15 PM)  

I'm so sorry for the pain you and your daughter are going through. Prayers for your entire family that you find peace during your grieving period. N@photo (SPN)

~ Lucy  – (March 15, 2011 at 8:21 PM)  

I am so very sorry for your loss, Brandi.
I have followed your blog for a while and am so amazed by your strength. You and your family have been an inspiration to me and mine. We will be thinking of you in this difficult time.

Hugs,
~ Lucy (SPN)

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 8:24 PM)  

I am so vvery sorry for your loss Brandi. If there's anything I can do please feel free to call me.

Tiffanie

A Wedding Story  – (March 15, 2011 at 8:27 PM)  

Praying for your family. So incredibly sorry for your loss.

Magdalena  – (March 15, 2011 at 8:34 PM)  

I'm so very sorry for your loss {{HUGS}}

kel710  – (March 15, 2011 at 8:37 PM)  

I'm so sorry for your loss. ((Hugs))

Jodi  – (March 15, 2011 at 8:45 PM)  

Brandi,

And what a gift it is. The pictures are gorgeous. That last one...

I am so very sorry for you and Kate's loss. So sorry. I am thinking of you both and sending prayers up to Heaven for you all.

(((hugs)))

Christina Evans  – (March 15, 2011 at 8:51 PM)  

Brandi,
I am so, so very sorry for your and Kate's loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I am so happy that you got that one last gift.

May the photos provide you a memory of his great love for all of your life.

Christina

Mrs. S  – (March 15, 2011 at 9:09 PM)  

You're in our prayers. So very sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what you must be feeling. All I can say is you are loved and you will always have the support of the SPN girls. Lots of hugs, Yvette aka oohlalagirl

Deanna Bemis –   – (March 15, 2011 at 9:10 PM)  

Brude....
Your pictures are so touching, I am still a sniffling mess...I think you are so lucky to have met the man of your dreams, even if for a short time, the two of you shared and unconditional love that is few and far between. You make me very proud cousin...I miss you and love you so much! I will be seeing you soon.
Love You and Katie
Deanna

lisa  – (March 15, 2011 at 9:11 PM)  

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss.

Heather  – (March 15, 2011 at 9:28 PM)  

So sorry for your loss.

(HUGS)

~HeatherP

Mommara  – (March 15, 2011 at 9:28 PM)  

This is absolutely beautiful. Praying for you and Kate. All our love.

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 9:28 PM)  

Brandi,

I am so sorry for your loss. Your strength and positive attitude are an inspiration to me. You and Kate are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sara (SPN)

Michelle  – (March 15, 2011 at 9:36 PM)  

Brandi, you and Kate are in our prayers. I am so sorry for your loss.

Amber  – (March 15, 2011 at 9:49 PM)  

I am so very sorry for your loss. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your daughter through this difficult time. You are an amazing woman and I feel honored to even just have known you in the virtual world (SPN).
Take care of yourself, take care of your daughter and know that we are all here for you.

Unknown  – (March 15, 2011 at 9:59 PM)  

Brandi and Kate, we are so very sorry for your loss. Please know you are in our thoughts!

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 10:18 PM)  

Just wanted to let you all know that my thoughts and prayers are with you through this tough time but just remember that Scott is in a better place now where there is no pain and he is always looking down on u and lil Kate. he will always be in ur heart and be with you always...I'm so sorry about your loss Just rememeber there are many people that love and care for u guys u might not even know them but they are there!!!
God Bless,
Lauranda

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 10:25 PM)  

thinking of you and sending love and hugs your way via wireless internet

Up North Amherdts!  – (March 15, 2011 at 10:26 PM)  

Brandi thank you for yours and Scott's beautiful gift to us. Knowing Scott was so loved and taken care of like no one else could of is so comforting at this time when we have lost such a beautiful person. He will be so missed.
Love you and Kate, and we will love Scott forever.

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 10:46 PM)  

I love you. God bless. Aunt Mel

Jaime O.  – (March 15, 2011 at 11:31 PM)  

So sorry for your loss. You don't know me, but know that this stranger's thoughts are with you right now.

L  – (March 16, 2011 at 12:15 AM)  

i am so so sorry for your loss! i have no words, but only wish i could give you and your daughter a big hug! you are both so strong and my heart is breaking for you! your photos are breathtaking and i'm so so glad you will have those to cherish forever and always! what perfect timing! your daughter is beautiful and what a gift she is for you to always be able to see your husband through her. again, my heart goes out to you...big hugs! xoxo

Sharon  – (March 16, 2011 at 12:23 AM)  

I am so sorry Brandi. My heart breaks for you and Kate. Scott's spirit will forever live on through Kate.

So much love to you.

Anonymous –   – (March 16, 2011 at 1:14 AM)  

I am so sorry Brandi. What a terrible loss for you and Kate. Scott is one of those people who it can truely be said - makes this world a better place. I feel like the world got a little darker today. We lost one of the really good guys. He was an inspiration and touched the lives of everyone who knew him.
Love you,
Kris B

Care  – (March 16, 2011 at 2:39 AM)  

My thoughts are with you and sweet little Kate. I am so saddened and at the same time, so happy, that Scott was able to hang on one more day. One day to make memories that will last your daughter a lifetime. I can't stop thinking about you. Many hugs and tears coming your way from Seattle.

-Care from SPN

Jhon Baker  – (March 16, 2011 at 3:26 AM)  

have my heart, it can be spared for you for awhile. I don't have words for you, I'm sorry about that.

ou are beyond the grave and soon will be ashes
how short this life!
how this pain has ended!
I am not sorry for us, for
we had known you,
I am not sorry for death
as it is mercy;
I am not sorry for you
as you were magnanimous
and not even death can
remove this magnanimity.

- J. Baker

Anonymous –   – (March 16, 2011 at 7:02 AM)  

Dear Brandi,
You know how we feel and how much we loved Scott and grieve for all of you. Our hearts to you all, Aunt Lynn and Uncle "Bern"

Anonymous –   – (March 16, 2011 at 7:20 AM)  

I am so sorry for your loss. Many thoughts and lots of love being sent your way. Megan (hailie)

CWT  – (March 16, 2011 at 7:45 AM)  

Oh, Brandi. I am so sorry for you and Kate. You have been an amazing wife and mother. You have my deepest sympathies.

Jennifer  – (March 16, 2011 at 9:43 AM)  

Many thoughts and prayers for you and Kate....you are an amazing woman

VK  – (March 16, 2011 at 10:03 AM)  

Care said it beautifully, so I'll just ditto her words.

Sending continued thoughts & prayers to you and Kate.

Valerie from SPN

Jen O.  – (March 16, 2011 at 12:27 PM)  

I am so very sorry for your loss. Peace to you during this difficult time.

Anonymous –   – (March 16, 2011 at 2:28 PM)  

I just joined SPN, but I found the link to your blog today and read it with tears in my eyes. You are a strong woman, and your daughter and husband are lucky to have you. May he rest in peace. My prayers to you and your family that you will be able to find peace.

Hugs

Anonymous –   – (March 16, 2011 at 2:59 PM)  

((((hugs))))

I am so sorry for your loss, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Post a Comment