Repeat

I feel like I'm stuck on repeat. I just keep saying how wonderful you all are. How supported we feel. A giant hug wrapped around this house, as all of you carry us through this time. I hate to be a one trick pony but, you guys are amazing.
We simply cannot believe the care, consideration, prayers and love you've shown our little family. It's made these days so much easier to handle.

I realize I owe many people return calls, emails and texts. I'm working on them. Scott's ability to swallow is basically non-existent and with that went his voice. He's just not strong enough. With the new loss of voice his anxiety has increased. He doesn't like me to be very far away and the noise from the computer and my constant click, click, clicking on my phone doesn't help an anxious mind.

For as much of rally as we had yesterday, this day was a trip in the mud. Face first with fresh make-up. Or for you boys reading, a giant kick in the nuts.

Kate is sick. Barking like a dog, running a fever of 102, 10days of antibiotic, whining non-stop, not sleeping, sick. Poor junior miss.
Scott, well... I already told you about the anxiety and the loss of voice. He's struggling with the sadness that it brings and lots more pain. I'm chasing the pain as best as I can with gallon doses of morphine but it just doesn't seem to be enough. It's the worst part of all this. I hate watching him suffer.

We got plenty of visits today to help bring in the sunshine. Becky Jo with her beautiful dog Sedona, Alli, Dan (twice) Adam, and Ryan, my parents are still hanging with us and then we met a new friend Kara.

Kara is a wonderful photographer that was contacted by some friends of mine from a woman only, photography message board. I've only been a part of this private board for a few short months but these woman have gathered around us. Treating us like we're the oldest and dearest of friends, even though I haven't met any of them. Some of the woman got together and contacted Kara about coming to take pictures of our family.
I first heard about the idea around 8pm last night and by 9pm Kara and I had figured out that we only live about 10 minutes away from each other (what a small world. Some things are just meant to be). Kara coordinated with me all day to work around Scott and Kate feeling poorly and finally made it over this afternoon for a little family photo shoot in Scott's room.
I cannot say enough about the wonderful woman that made this possible and the most fantastic new photography friend Kara. I only wish I had her website handy so I could link to her but alas, I do not. That's what happens when you work silently in the dark. I'll be sure to share her info here soon.

Even though this day was not so nice, I'm sitting here remembering the good moments. All the love, the extra snuggles from a sick baby girl, holding my husbands hand in the quiet of the day knowing it's what's helping him sleep and all the smiles and laughs we shared.
Even bad days have great moments hidden inside them. You just have to look remember to look for them.

Jen  – (March 14, 2011 at 10:10 PM)  

Your positive outlook is so refreshing! I just know your photos will be fab! T&P!

Mommara  – (March 14, 2011 at 11:34 PM)  

So glad you guys got to meet with Kara today. Thinking of you guys. Praying Kate is back to normal soon. Keep holding Scott's hand. We are holding you up in prayer.

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 12:58 AM)  

Sorry you are having such a rough time.Hope Kate perks up.Any chances of getting the dilaudid for Scott?Always praying for all of you.Love Nancy and Gary

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 12:58 AM)  

Sorry you are having such a rough time.Hope Kate perks up.Any chances of getting the dilaudid for Scott?Always praying for all of you.Love Nancy and Gary

Glinda  – (March 15, 2011 at 5:24 AM)  

We are all thinking of you guys, and you don't have to thank us for anything...we thank you for sharing your life with us and allowing us to help in any small way possible. I'm so glad you & Kara got together and had some time for photos. I know I have never met you and we haven't even talked that much individually, but I feel like I know you guys very well and that is through this wonderful blog and the personality you have that shines through.

kgiff  – (March 15, 2011 at 9:16 AM)  

"Even bad days have great moments hidden inside them. You just have to look remember to look for them."
This is my new favorite quote. You are such an inspiration to us all. Thank you for sharing your family's story with us. Sending more thoughts and prayers your way and hoping for more great moments today.

Kim  – (March 15, 2011 at 11:23 AM)  

I am so happy you got to meet with Kara and the pictures are just amazing. Thinking of you always in the most stalkerish way possible :) Praying for you, kape, and mott as Miss Kenley says every night.

Jen and S4 –   – (March 15, 2011 at 12:40 PM)  

Hoping today brings more memories and Kate feeling better.

We love you guys tons! Sending a giant hug!

Anonymous –   – (March 15, 2011 at 1:52 PM)  

I find myself glued to your blog, waiting for texts or calls from your Mom and cry, wishing for the days when I could just run across the cul de sac and be there with you.
I am sorry your family is going through all this pain while Scott is having physical pain. You all are like family to me. I felt the same about Scott from the day I first met him.
I am grateful you can still see good moments. You all are so strong. Scott landed in one of the best possible families all those years ago. It is like he was always there. And he always will be.
A big hug for each one of you. I love you guys.
Kris Bratsch

Melissa  – (March 15, 2011 at 2:00 PM)  

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Jodi  – (March 15, 2011 at 2:04 PM)  

((hugs)) Keeping you in my T&P....

Kim Schmidt  – (March 15, 2011 at 4:07 PM)  

Many thoughts and prayers for you and your family. For comfort, for peace, for tranquility.

Post a Comment