Slump

It's a little slumpy around the Witt house. Scott continues to feel poorly. Using all his energy to play a little with Kate each day. Fevers, fatigue and general crappyness plague him.

I hate it. He's barely eating, struggles to swallow, and no matter what time of day it is he slurs his words like he used to when he was exhausted.

I know this is part of it. It's just the way it is. We don't dwell on it. We don't even really spend much time talking about it. We ignore the "white elephant" in the center of the room and carry on like normal.
It works for us.

I feel like there are no options. Correction, I know there are no options. There is nothing that can be done to stop this. Hell, I can't even get things to slow down. Life is going on, doing what it's going to do. Stomping all over everything in it's path. Not a damn thing to be done.

But again, we move on. We plow through. Making jokes, laughing at Kate, cheering Kate on in her latest princess costume as she performs her dance. We may be missing out on certain parts of life but we certainly aren't missing out on the goodness in life.

Kim  – (March 4, 2011 at 9:36 AM)  

Amen sister! I believe you are not missing out on anything, in fact I think others are missing out on what you have! Prayers for your family.

Amber  – (March 4, 2011 at 3:55 PM)  

I'm keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers.
Cheers to celebrating the goodness of life :)

Kath  – (March 4, 2011 at 10:44 PM)  

We'll see you Sunday! Celebrate one day at a time! Love you guys!

Post a Comment