My Saving Grace

My child is my saving grace. She seems to know just what her parents need. She senses that things are changing. I can tell she's a little worried. When we're away from Scott she asks about him more than usual.
And she's been obsessed with our wedding album.

We've looked at it every night since Sunday. I remember it was Sunday because Scott was sitting on the couch in the great room. It was the last time he was there.

She asks who everyone is and wants to hear the story of our wedding.

She asks where she was during the wedding. We tread dangerously close to the bird and bees conversation.

My favorite part is when she says "and you lived happily ever after."

I assure her that we have. A little different than the Disney fairy tale but a fairy tale none the less.
I love this stroll down memory lane. Scott got to join in the journey on Sunday and Monday. He hasn't been able to since but we'll try again tonight if Kate wants.
She comments on how daddy didn't have an "ouchie leg" then and how tall he is. I hope she can remember him that way. Stronger, healthier, more "Scott".

With morning brought slightly better breathing for Scott. He even managed to eat something today. It wasn't much but the day isn't over yet. I pulled out all the stops and made an apple pie to try to entice him.

Bonnie and Nancy stopped over for a short visit. Seeing them brought many smiles to our home but has thoroughly worn Scott out. A few members of his man posse are due to come over tonight and I'm already worried.
But let's face it, there is no time left. Hell, last night I didn't think I would have today. So this isn't the time to stop. Embrace every moment. Breathe it in.

The continue love, support, prayers carry me through. I'll have a moment of worry or doubt and I'll get a message and things get better. Thank you all for rescuing me.

Kath  – (March 10, 2011 at 7:02 PM)  

Keep on celebrating every moment! We love you!

Jay'me –   – (March 10, 2011 at 7:48 PM)  

I love you, today, tomorrow, & always,
Jay'me

Heather D.  – (March 10, 2011 at 7:54 PM)  

You are an incredible woman. Hugs to you for being so strong.

**mommyhd

missy dappen  – (March 10, 2011 at 9:13 PM)  

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful couple. Remember how many people are out here, praying and sending love and peace. You are both amazing people who have raised a remarkable little girl- I'm glad she's exactly what you need right now.

Much love to you all, you are in the hearts and minds of so many.

Jen P –   – (March 10, 2011 at 9:23 PM)  

Enjoy every second you have together as a family! Katie is lucky to have such amazing parents :0)

Lots of prayers, love, and warm thoughts!

Jen and S4

Unknown  – (March 10, 2011 at 11:22 PM)  

I have been leaving early and getting home late and have just caught up on your post since we were there. I'm so sorry I didn't make it with the boys tonight. I will swing by tomorrow if Scott's up for it. Tell him I love him and we'll talk tomorrow.

Love to you and Kate too. Joshers

Anonymous –   – (March 11, 2011 at 1:16 AM)  

Dear Brandi,it was great to see all of you today.Kate is so adorable.Bonnie and I had heavy hearts as we left and wish that fate was not so unkind.I meant what I said,I'm only 10 minutes away and will help you anyway I can.Don't hesitate to call.Scott is always so gracious and uncomplaining.What a great guy.I spend alot of time on my knees praying for God's mercy.Love Nancy

Anonymous –   – (March 11, 2011 at 8:23 AM)  

Scott you are incredible. We love you so so so so much! Enjoy today!!! :)

Jill –   – (March 11, 2011 at 9:33 AM)  

Hoping you and Kate are spending the day making memories with Scott. Thinking of you guys today and always.

Colleen  – (March 11, 2011 at 9:48 AM)  

She is just so sweet! Thinking of you guys!

Anonymous –   – (March 11, 2011 at 11:55 AM)  

Dear Scott and Brandi,

My friend sent me an email with this blog. She is a physical therapist who worked with Scott in February. I have to say it has brought tears to my eyes. Your positive attitude is amazing. Scott, keep fighting. Brandi, keep being great. Your family is in our prayers.

Love,
Dawn from Colorado

Post a Comment