Painting, baking, and rearranging... oh my!

I'm not Dorothy and this is not Kansas.

This is not an alternate universe where I get to have this wild technicolor dream with bizarre little men that sing to me. I'm not going to wake up and really be safely tucked into bed with people fussing around me.
I've got the people fussing (and I love them for it) but I don't get to wake up and have this all be over. This is real life.

I've got about 200 pictures to show you all. I finally picked up that gorgeous new camera of mine and really got back to doing what I do (shoving a camera in everyones face).
Josh came and helped move around the furniture. Scott's room is no longer "Scott's room". It's once again an office. A disorganized one but an office none the less.
The upstairs office has once again returned to a second guest bedroom. All the major lifting is done and in return for his hard work, I stood in the kitchen and cried on his shoulder. Literally. Guess he didn't know what he was getting into when he agreed to be the best man at our wedding.

Moving things had it's benefits and it's setbacks. Kate has been crying out for me at night. She's having nightmares about bad things happening to me and in the middle of the night is unable to process that I don't really have a lizard climbing under my shirt.

We've really been enjoying the last bit of time with Grams before she returns to Texas tomorrow. All three of us girls gathered around the kitchen last night and made Gram's famous chocolate cake. We laughed, we cried, we learned, we loved and I took pictures. It was awesome.

This morning while Grams made me her famous chicken enchiladas (she can't say no to me), I started the touch up painting. Scott's wheelchair (and a wild almost 4year old) reeked havoc on the walls and doors of this house. I got about half of it completed. Not bad for having "help".


While working on this post, I've been interrupted by Kate's cries several times. For the first time ever in her young life, she called out for her daddy. My heart aches for her.

Anonymous –   – (March 28, 2011 at 7:22 AM)  

my heart aches for you both. love u
Samantha

Colleen  – (March 28, 2011 at 8:39 AM)  

that breaks my heart reading that last part. hang in there B

Reese  – (March 28, 2011 at 7:26 PM)  

Naked kid with a paintbrush. This ends badly.

Mommara  – (March 28, 2011 at 9:43 PM)  

She is such a sweet painter. My heart breaks for her too. <3

Faren  – (March 30, 2011 at 9:37 AM)  

What a great helper you have.:) My heart aches for both of you. I hope one day it's easier for you to remember the good memories only. Hugs to you both.

Anonymous –   – (December 10, 2022 at 4:07 PM)  

love a couple of hours in bed with her

Post a Comment