Sunshine

The sun is finally shinning here this morning. It's a refreshing boost to my mood. Scott spent more time asleep than awake last night which is a blessing for both of us. He's "awake" and sipping water now. He aspirates every sip but I guess that doesn't really matter anymore.
Kate called for me at 2am which was really 3am (stupid daylights savings time I'm so confused). When I got to her room a very awake Kate said "Mommy, I have to tell the truf. I was chewing on my lips." I assured her I wasn't upset at her and offered her some chapstick. She took it and a few extra snuggle moments. She's awake now playing in bed waiting patiently for her clock to turn 7. Somebody has a sucky Mommy that forgot to set her clock last night. Oops.
And me... Well, I just keep singing a few lines from an Elton John song. The song is I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues. The whole song doesn't speak to me but the opening lines sure do.
Don't wish it away
Don't look at it like it's forever


I don't know how long this will last. Truthfully, I've cried and pleaded for it to be over already. But today, with the sun shinning, I'm going to keep taking the good moments from what we've got. It will be over far to soon. As long as Scott is pain free, everything else will be alright.

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2011 at 10:22 AM)  

Hoping you know that we are all thinking of you here. Between work, school and activities I don't get on here as often as I would like and certainly don't post nearly enough, but we never stop thinking of you guys. I was watching the video from the Christmas party the other night thinking how glad I was that we decided to go even though the weather was crap. We miss you guys and keep you in our thoughts. Enjoy the sun today, we could all use a little more sunshine right about now, so squeeze every drop you can. We still have about 2 feet of snow and ice all over the place, Kate would probably be having a ball. All our love, The Minnesota Norton's

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2011 at 11:03 AM)  

stay strong :)
xoxo

Faren  – (March 13, 2011 at 1:03 PM)  

Hi it's Faren from SPN. Just wanted to let you know I have been thinking of you all and praying for you. Lots of hugs and love.

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2011 at 1:06 PM)  

We are keeping all of you in our thoughts.
Mike & Christine

SRB  – (March 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM)  

Just want to let you know that you are all in my prayers. You are a strong woman, Brandi. Enjoy this sunny day!
Shal (kacysmom from SPN)

Jen and S4 –   – (March 13, 2011 at 6:51 PM)  

We love you guys! Enjoy the sun and the good moments from today! We enjoyed visiting with you guys yesterday--let Scott know I am still chuckling at his joke :0)

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2011 at 7:42 PM)  

make me a pie!! oh and better also say, howdy scott keep strong thinking of you lots and tell your lazy half to bake my damn pie....

Unknown  – (March 13, 2011 at 7:52 PM)  

Hi Scott & Brandi,
My printer had a rare paper jam this afternoon. In the process of removing the back cover to clear the jam, I had to move a pile of papers & junk and there it was: your Christmas card. This card came at Christmas, of course, and I discovered your blog address on the back of it. At that time, I was shocked to learn of the difficult life you both have been experiencing. It seemed not so long ago that you were celebrating Kate's birth. What they say about time speeding up as you get older is very true. The holiday madness did not allow me the "luxury" of proper communications with you, but today's card discovery was a real kick in the pants moment. I feel a little lost and small in offering any possible contribution to make your lives better, but my heart is open to reality. Perhaps there is a tiny comfort in knowing we remember Ron, Paula, Tammy and Scott as a loving, caring family living next door to us. Humans enjoying humans...what a simple pleasure. I think it is a good thing to offer your story to the world and if we could offer anything to you, it is reading your experiences and then sharing your love, compassion and commitment that we have learned about with our own family. Please know we will keep you in our hearts and thoughts.
Fondly, Nancy and Jim Roozee

Anonymous –   – (March 13, 2011 at 9:16 PM)  

I'm a FB friend of Sara S in Iowa. She posted a link to your blog so I decided to stop by.

I couldn't help shedding a tear as I read your beautifully written blog. For every painful moment that your family has gone through, you have clearly felt the absolute joy for what's really important in life.

I'm so sorry for Scott's illness and all the pain that he's had to go through on this journey called life.

You are obviously amazing people. You will be in my prayers tonight. May God bless you!

Rhonda H

Post a Comment