Breathing

Breathing is good.
Breathing pulls live into your lungs.
Breathing gives you sustenance on which to thrive.

*Ugly, fat lady sporting a class A mullet jumps in front of you and your cranky toddler in line at the grocery - breathing will keep you out of jail.
*Ungrateful, cranky, non english speaking bitch giving you a hard time about scheduling your husbands appointment - breathing keeps you from saying "I'm sorry I don't understand you mush mouth, put down the bag of pork rinds and tell me the fucking dates you have available".
*Seeing the look of despair, agony, and heartache on your husbands face - breathing will keep you from crying with him so that you can tell him "It really aint so bad".
*Stepping into the beautiful sun on a 60 degree day with your amazing daughter, the perfect blend of you and your husband, with her quizzical eyes and million questions - breathing will help you trap that moment in your mind forever - like taking a Polaroid.
*Reading emails, texts, comments, cards from friends, family and even strangers giving you words of encouragement, hope and faith - breathing reminds you that they are right - you can do this, it will be ok.

Breathing is a good thing.

******************

K seems to be doing better. I'm hoping I'll get more than 2 hours sleep tonight. *crossing fingers*
Scott's rehab is postponed until further notice. Awaiting authorization from the orthopedist.
Discovered what's been causing Scott's thigh incision to behave poorly. Turns out the Bio-Glue (first talked about here http://werewitty.blogspot.com/2010/01/bio-glue.html) is working it's way out. Makes his previously easy thigh dressings a bit more complicated.
Made some corned beef with the trimmings and enjoyed it with my family. Having a brother and sister-in-law so willing to sacrifice themselves and go out in the sunshine to get me Cold Stone Creamery ice cream (hello cherry loves cheesecake - I've missed you) makes me feel so blessed.
Making another trip to the medical supply place tomorrow - buy stock in Medline before noon tomorrow. You'll be glad you did.

********************

Now, if you'll excuse me I have some more breathing to do.

Happy St. Patrick's Day - the luck of the Irish to ya.

Anonymous –   – (March 17, 2010 at 10:19 PM)  

Dear Scott and Brandi, I wish I could take all of this pain away from you-it breaks my heart to watch what you are going through. You are on our minds and in our hearts and prayers every day. Love you, Alison

Jen –   – (March 17, 2010 at 11:38 PM)  

I love you guys! And I know each day brings more tests vs. Results right now! Breathe deep and long but don't forget to scream kick and punch when you need to!

Love you and in the great words of a fantastic 1980s movie--"brandi and scott witt your my hero"--ferris bueller

Craig –   – (March 18, 2010 at 9:43 AM)  

Hey Guys...wish there was more I could do for you!! It sucks being so far away...I'll try and send some sunshine and keep the nice warm weather up there!!
Craig

Scott  – (March 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM)  

Thinking of you again today...Thinking and praying. Praying and breathing...Happy St. Patty's day and luck of the Irish back at you.

Anonymous –   – (March 18, 2010 at 1:26 PM)  

Hi Guys,not happy to hear all this negative crap thats happening.Hope Katie is better soon,alot going around.We had it here and it sucked.Again willing to assist you at anytime.Love and prayers.Nancy and Gary

Anonymous –   – (March 18, 2010 at 5:56 PM)  

Hi Brandi, Scott and Katie!
Still faithfully stalking and thinking of you guys everyday! JRB just isn't the same without you but Bongo is holding it down from atop the refrigerator! :)
P.S. Wedding planning!? Blech! Haha, I might make a run to Vegas... ;)
-Becca

Anonymous –   – (March 18, 2010 at 8:54 PM)  

Well it has been awhile since I posted. I have been reading but haven't felt up to doin much. I let that darn dentist pull the tooth that had been broke for over a year and was to stubborn to do anything about it. Did I mention I HATE DENTIST! Would rather go through labor than let them work in my mouth. Anyway, feelin a lil better, still real sore but I got to eat "REAL" food so thumbs up. lol

Mostly I wanted to let you know I got my sweatshirt today. I LOVE IT! I will take a pic and send it to you as soon as the right side of my face isn't swollen.
LOTS of hugs and love, Sara

Post a Comment