Stop Peeing in my Cherrios

The WWW (Wacky World of Witt) is so not a fun place to be right now.

Got a phone call at 9pm (yeah, that's never good news) from our PCP (primary care physician) Scott's MRI that was done today showed some nasty stuff. A torn meniscus and a "ton" of stress fractures.
Obviously were about to add orthopedic to our list of doctors.
We have no idea what this may mean. How does this affect future rehab? Will it require surgery? Will someone do surgery? Does surgery even make sense on a leg that is in such horrible condition?
Oh and did I mention that his thigh looks like ass, and there is officially no skin left holding the achilles tendon in place.
Yeah how about fuck off.

Scott and I are supposed to start his day therapy evaluations tomorrow. Not even sure what to do with those, right now.
I guess I'll start at the beginning and call the PCP first thing in that am. Promptly followed by a call to Dr. Jacobs, he'll need to be involved in this too.

Remember that Xanax I was looking for yesterday????

And then there is K. I swear they are tag teaming me.
K has a horrible croupy sounding cough and a raging fever. She's already been up twice in huge coughing fits (poor kid has only been asleep an 1:30). I guess somewhere in here will probably be a trip to the pediatrician too.
You all would have laughed at the sight of me running up and down the stairs. Going from taking care of K to doing Scott's dressing changes and getting him put into bed.
Hey, at least I'm getting some exercise. Not that I'll be able to tell. I'm sitting in my bed eating some of the fresh homemade skillet style popcorn that BigDan and Kathy brought.

So let's see what else..... hmmmm..... I'm trying to think of something good.... I can't just have this entire post be shitty.... really trying... OH! I know...
I got to go flying today. It wasn't for long and we just stayed in the pattern but I still got to go.

I'll end on that bright shiny note and with these two photos that I took in happier times.

Old Threshers Festival - Memorial Day Weekend - Mt. Pleasant Iowa

We'll be back there this year, damn it, I don't care what it takes.

Anonymous –   – (March 17, 2010 at 11:25 AM)  

OKay! No more competition Irish jigging with leprechauns Scott !
Those little trouble makers will get you every time.
Set aside some drugs for your wife and try to rest up. We have some sort of party brewing again....
Tons of loven,
Jay'me

Anonymous –   – (March 17, 2010 at 11:35 AM)  

Those darn ligaments!!! Hope that PCP and Dr. Jacobs report positive ideas and good plans for ya.
Just name the date and we'll be there...Alli Palli had fun and is ready for more!!! (not gonna lie, I am ready for the link to snapfish brandi baby.)
Love ya both...and of course kt too.
Alli

BigDan  – (March 17, 2010 at 2:47 PM)  

Hey... give me a call and let me know what they said about the wound. Has it changed much since Kath and I saw it?

If you are more overwhelmed than you already are overwhelmed, feel free to put this WAY down on your overwhelming to do list. I'll catch up at some point.
Dan - 773-633-5219

BigDan  – (March 17, 2010 at 2:48 PM)  

BTW, at least your Captain Crunch didn't get peed in!

Love ya guys.

Post a Comment