Quick Note

I'm exhausted this evening and I'm expecting to have a LONG night so I'll keep this note brief.
K has been cranking all afternoon. No nap and a 101.4 fever at bedtime should make for a long night. If she has yet another ear infection I may just lose my mind. Will you all visit me in the looney bin?

Scott and I met with the physiatrist so that Scott can admitted into the day rehab program at the Neurotrauma Center in Crystal Lake. Dr. Shankara is a very like able, very thorough guy. He was more than happy to admit Scott into the program.
We'll start evaluations on Wednesday and finish them up on Thursday. Next week will be the first full week of therapy. YIPPEEE!
So looking forward to being done with this home health care place. They suck ASS. The PT called last night at 9:15pm to arrange for a visit this morning at 10:30am. Here's the kicker kids - we told her on Friday that we had an appointment already at that time. Um yeah, I don't have time to deal with your stupidity.

Scott's thigh wound is giving us some trouble. So yesterday (Sunday) while BigDan and Kathy played meal delivery service, bringing us home cooked ribs, chicken soup, braised beef, mashed potatoes, dill carrots, lasagna noodle bake, banana bread and some freshly popped popcorn - they stayed true to their professions and helped me with a dressing change. How fantastic are they? Drive all the way out from the city on a Sunday, dropping off a ton of food just to look at a disgusting thigh - um yeah they're pretty bad ass.
Kate thinks so too...



We've got a call into Dr. Jacobs to discuss what happens next. Scott is showing some signs of infection so I'm sure another round of anti-biotics is in his near future. Buy stock in medical supplies, equipment and pharmaceuticals - you'll be happy with the returns, I promise.

Well, K is stirring which will eventually turn into coughing and crying. So I'm off but not before giving a shout out to Jenn, Steve and Carter who couldn't make it to our party but sent along food to stock our freezer. Maybe I should have confessed the obscene amount of Captain Crunch I've been consuming before. My fridge and freezer have never been happier.

Thanks for taking such good care of us. I'd be lost without all of you.

And as promised we have crying - pray for me and somebody send some Xanax. It's going to be a long night.

Kevin  – (March 15, 2010 at 11:37 PM)  

Holy shit!! So awesome to see you chilling at home with your best buds. Good luck with PT, man, I know that's where the work is. I'm fuckin honored to be the contest winner. Let me cordially donate the jerky bundle to the next gathering of the band
"We're getting the band together"-Jake Blues
"We're on a mission from God"-Elwood Blues
Oh,um, hey, B, I know someone with a prescription pad who might prescribe a certain anti-anxiety med for such a fearful dental patient as yourself;) Good luck with K hope she gets well fast.

Anonymous –   – (March 16, 2010 at 7:27 AM)  

I'm sorry Katie is not feeling very good. You should have your doctor to a test on her ear canal if they haven't already. Caleb used to get a lot of infections or pre-infections because his ear canal was flat and he had to have tubes put in. Sorry Scott's leg is gross and I hope he feels better and doesn't have an infection. Could you send some of your delicious food our way. I hate to cook anyway and trying to make meals that can be cleaned up and cooked quickly when your house is on the market really sucks. Hope you have a good day today, kick ass where you need to, you can do it.

Love from the Nebraska Norton's

Anonymous –   – (March 16, 2010 at 9:14 AM)  

You should have told me you needed some Xanax...I could have cooked it right into the pasta sauce!!!

Keeping you in our thoughts...let us know when you need anything,
Jenn, Steve, and Carter

Post a Comment