Confused

I got very confused on the way to the hospital this morning (Friday).
Saw this

And this

out my car window at the same time.

That set the stage for my mood for the remainder of the day.
I took lots of photos of Scott's last (hopefully) full working day. I wanted to memorialize all the love, encouragement, strength and sadness that was floating around.
I vacillate between a calm peacefulness and a wired, strung out, paranoid, terrified mess. I know that if he comes home tomorrow (sorry, I can't make it a done deal until we're in the car) we'll be fine. Everyone has given us great tools to use and I have every confidence that I can handle things. But, I can't quite manage to wrap my brain around what life is going to be like. How is Kate going to react? How can I get everything done? How can I protect Scott's leg? How do I keep the house neat enough for Scott to wheel through it? How do I....

I could go on and on but I'm exhausted so I'll stop there.

I know from having done this before I just have to jump in with both feet and start paddling away. Everything will come with time. As long as I have my family back under one roof all will be right with the world.

Keep the love comin'... We can feel it.

Anonymous –   – (March 6, 2010 at 12:20 AM)  

We would be happy to wait on both of you.I know this is a big step and T know the knot in the stomach feeling.Keep good thoughts and know we care.Love Nancy

Anonymous –   – (March 6, 2010 at 7:41 AM)  

Today is the day!! LIght the jackson! Don't think of the "how" think of the positives, think of Kates daddy is home, think of how relaxed everyone will eventually be, think of no more drives to the hospital!

Light it!!!

Mark

Kath  – (March 6, 2010 at 8:15 AM)  

What are you doing taking pictures as you're driving?????

Craig –   – (March 6, 2010 at 11:43 AM)  

I agree...LIGHT THE JACKSON!!!!

Post a Comment