Tuesday Tidbits

Welcome to some of the newbies that have just joined us. To get caught up read this
http://werewitty.blogspot.com/2010/01/what-hell-is-wrong-with-scott.html
Join in the fun. Everyone, even those we don't know so well, is encouraged to post. Everyday the words you guys leave here or in email act as inspiration, incentive, or just give us a good smile. All of which we so appreciate.

Scott is getting more frustrated as the days tick by and we prepare to bring him home. I know he feels scared, uneasy and probably like a burden. Rest assured I tell him constantly that he's not a burden and that everything will be fine. Maybe if you guys told him he'd listen because right now he's not hearing me.

Wheelchair Rachel visited again today (Hey Rachel). I took some poor camera phone photos of today's wheelchair "fitting" but that will be a different post for a different day. For today all we want to say is "Wahoo Rachel. We're stoked". His new digs won't be in for awhile but we're headed in the right direction.

OT Becca got engaged. We introduced her to you here
http://werewitty.blogspot.com/2010/01/scott-is-trouble.html
You can read her happy, giggly, bubbly, just got engaged and the world is a beautiful place, comment in yesterdays post. Wishing nothing but the best for Becca, she's such a sweet girl. Oh and Ladies, her man did a FANTASTIC job on the rock. Emerald center stone with an emerald cut baguette on each side. GORGEOUS and totally Becca.

Nurse Kathy makes the best Chicken Crepes in the history of the world. She doesn't quite know what to say every time I ask her to marry me. And for the record when challenged to a Crepes Throwdown BigDan couldn't step up to the challenge and claimed to need an hour. Now ladies and gentlemen, what kind of true chef needs an hour to prepare? Teasing you Dan.

Scott's tendon (I need to come up with a fun name for it. Oooh maybe that should be a contest) is showing more and more. His dressing change has become a little bit of a spectator sport. We're in a teaching hospital and we're happy to have others learn from our misfortune. So the more the merrier in our book.

When tendons dry out and become a "problem" they look like beef jerky. We don't have this problem at the moment but rest assured there will be lots of jokes about stray dogs in the neighborhood trying to eat Scott's leg and if he's making his beef jerky teriyki or hot and spicy. We have to joke about these things because if his tendon were to turn to beef jerky we'd be in really big trouble. So in the WWW Wacky World of Witt we joke to avoid really having to deal with the potential fall out of a problem. That's just how we roll.

Another family member needs some "love" from you guys. We've seen the "blog love" works wonders for Baby Ryan and for Scott we need to muster up a little more and send some blog love over to Baby Raina. She's got a few doctors appointments coming up that aren't going to be fun. She could use a little extra "help". We love you Baby R. Be a good girl.

I've procrastinated long enough it's time to get my ass in gear and get some paint on these walls. 4 more days, 4 more days...hopefully

Jen –   – (March 2, 2010 at 9:08 PM)  

Maybe I should google beef jerky jokes!!!

Scott you are not a burden to Brandi. She is a total pain in the ass but you are not a burden! Just joking Brandi your wonderful!!!

You guys amaze me with how strong you are and each challange you rise above!!!

Lov ya!!
Jen

Anonymous –   – (March 2, 2010 at 9:11 PM)  

Yayyyy Scott is coming home this weekend!!! That is awesome news! I go out of town for a couple of days and come home to that news. So fantastic. I know it's just the beginning in some ways so I am still sending prayers your way for his continued healing and for you Brandi in your care for him.

Hmmm! Colton went skiing for the first time this past Sunday. We went up to Dubuque Iowa and they have a skiing hill. It's not too bad considering it's in the midwest. He wiped out a few times and had a few meltdowns because skiing didn't just come to him. But he started doing better and by the end of the evening thought he was just the greatest LOLs. We'll be doing this again.

Jonny thought that it would be "fun" to send me down a blue hill on like my first time on skis in FOREVER. I'm sure it was simply hilarious for him but I wiped out several times going down the hill. I even got complimented on my wipeout. Isn't that nice? Overall though we had a great time!

Thinking of you guys! Love and Hugs!
Sere and fam!

Alli –   – (March 2, 2010 at 9:17 PM)  

To baby raina: sending hugs and best wishes, positive thoughts and encouragement from baby ryan's family.
to scotty: husbands are no burden. these are the men we choose to have in our lives. family you can't pick, but friends you can. best of friends, husbands and wives are no burden to each other. when you take vows it's the commitment to each other that even when the going gets tough, the tough buy beef jerky ;-)
Brandi will take wonderful care of you and you will take wonderful care of her. Your physical condition has no baring on your love and devotion to your wife. You will love her, support her, inspire her, just as you always do and have (you'll also make her laugh and piss her off...just like you always have)...you'll do it all from the comfort of your own home in 4 days.
to brandi: snag a pic of the ring!!! i wanna see
Love you all!

Anonymous –   – (March 2, 2010 at 9:25 PM)  

You'll be fine; you just need a light jacket! (Welcome to the inner circle of Karen & Sandi). Frightening, isn't it?!?

Daily prayers, love and hugs continue to be sent your way every day!

Unc

Anonymous –   – (March 2, 2010 at 9:29 PM)  

Everything will be fine; you just need a light jacket! (Welcome to the inner circle of Karen & Sandi). Frightening, isn't it?!?

Daily prayers, love and hugs continue to be sent your way.

Unc

Anonymous –   – (March 2, 2010 at 9:34 PM)  

Okay; now I have to apologize for posting twice; the first one didn't show on the screen and the computer seemed to be stuck so I went out and came back in (it still wasn't there) so I typed it again and then when I posted the 2nd one -- well, as you can see, then they both posted! Sometimes I really, really, really DISLIKE computers! This is what happens when I try to function after 9 p.m.

Unc

Anonymous –   – (March 2, 2010 at 10:08 PM)  

Scott-
I hope you have great time going home! No need to be scared...I think you're braver than most of us :) Have a fabulous week! <3

Kath  – (March 3, 2010 at 7:39 AM)  

You know that Dan will be practicing making crepes when I'm not around and then challenge me!

Scott and Brandi, you know you have all the support in the world!!

Anonymous –   – (March 3, 2010 at 2:05 PM)  

Can I be a judge at the THROW DOWN PLEAEZZZZ????

And Yoda says "keep it Gooey not Chewy you will"
You may have to call the back-a of your leg Bacca not Chewy ????
I'll keep working on that shit for you.

Don't forget if you need any life sized characters painted in your new room let me know...

I'm available tonight...... Painting date ????
Jay'me

Anonymous –   – (March 3, 2010 at 5:48 PM)  

Ok.. here is my submission for the tendon name. Tricky Dicky.. who knows.. I just think its funny..

Mark

Kevin  – (March 4, 2010 at 10:02 AM)  

Home is an awesome step in a good direction. Beef Jerky tendon or not get your ass there. Is it Beef Jerky or Slim Jim like? Either way I think it is going to be off my snack list for awhile. I'm not the queezy type in the least, but I can't SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM and think of your tendon at the same time. That shit ain't right. :)

Saw a Mr Greg Imhoff today. I gave him an update on you and he sends his well wishes to you. He'll probablly pop on here soon, he was having trouble with the link.

Keep up the good work, buddy.
Kevin

Kevin  – (March 5, 2010 at 12:21 AM)  

My tendon name suggestion is. . .

Scott, drum roll please. . .


OBERTO!

Brand name of some fine beef jerky and bloody fun to say. Everyone try it OHHHH-Bear-TOe. It rolls off the tongue.

Post a Comment