Gigantic Buckets

Remember those gigantic buckets I was talking about yesterday? Well, they just keep getting bigger.
Thankfully, it's just stuff. Stuff can be replaced, repaired or thrown out to the curb if needed. As long as we have some resemblance of health everything is peachy.

Had some visitors this weekend.


Six...yes 6.. of my aunts and uncles from Iowa made the 6 hour trip out to visit with us. My brother Matt and his friend Alissa also made it out.
Scott with his cold/laryngitis was exhausted. But, it was still a nice visit. And honestly bigger groups are easier for Scott. He doesn't feel like he needs to entertain. He can fall asleep at will and nobody really notices because there are other people to talk to.
Having all the faces in the house is always a welcomed event. Kate gets other people to play with, I have someone else to talk to and we all get reminders that there are other people out there in this great big world.
It was fantastic to visit with all of them. So much love.

I also want to take a moment and address something. I've had a couple different people make comments to me on separate occasions that I shouldn't say certain things, or refer to certain things on the blog.
I just want to go on the record and say I never have ill intent toward anyone. I certainly don't wish to make anyone uncomfortable or unhappy with my writings. If I've "said" something that's upset you in some way I sincerely apologize.

That said, I will not change the way I write or what I say.
This place, this blog is mine. All mine. It's my place to write down my thoughts, my feelings, my joys, my heartache. I do try my best to keep gross medical stuff from making anyone queasy but other than that, I will not edit.
Please don't think that doesn't mean I don't care, I do. I really, really do.
If I start editing for this person, that person and people that I don't even know... if I turn this blog into something that isn't genuine than it's not for me anymore.

Sometimes I want to scream, sometimes I want to swear sometimes I want to bang my head repeatedly against the wall. Other times I want to down play how bad things really are, I want to pretend that I have everything under control and that we're just fine. Whichever way I want to go is what I need on that day in that moment.

I love everyone that is taking the time to read this. I love the people that comment and tell me they're reading it more (shameless ploy to get comments - can't blame a girl for trying).
I want you all to be a piece of our lives. It helps me. I feel less alone, I gain strength, I get wise advice, I laugh and most importantly it restores my faith in humanity.
I thank you all for being here. Please don't be offended by what I say or how I say it. Know that it's me just being me.

You're all still owed the after shots of Scott's hair. Scott's looking a little "under the weather" right now so I'm not liking any of the photos of him. More importantly I don't think he would like them. He looks sick enough without the cold.

Here's to another week.... crossing my fingers, saying my prayers and making it the best I can.

Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2010 at 4:01 AM)  

I love this blog! I love that it's yours. I can "hear" each word you type. I know when the words are to get you through a moment (or 2,3,or million). I know when the words are venting, sharing, asking, deciding, wondering, feeling, pretending. I want to read everything you share, I even checked out the link to the leg pics (and you know how I get about those...remember 2008?). I feel privileged to be able to read your blog, and really gain perspective on life and all the tribulations you and Scotty are enduring. You are an amazing woman, an incredible couple, an awesome (not slang awesome, but real definition awesome) family. If you didn't have this blog, you'd be bothered by my phone calls everyday. You certainly don't want that! This blog can be the glue that holds you together, so DO NOT CHANGE!
Love you, Love you, Love you!
Alli

Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2010 at 6:51 AM)  

2nd Alli's post. This is your blog to release. Its not the politically correct bullshit blog. Please do not change.. If you can't take the blog don't read the blog! We know the love is there and thats the bottom line. Boy howdy!
Holy shit!! Wheres the Tylenol????
Mark

Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2010 at 8:39 AM)  

I 3rd Alli's comment and 2nd Mark's. And as my husband said a while back "I don't see anyone else's name at the top of the blog." Write what you want and what YOU need. If it offends someone well i am sure it's not the first time you have offended someone, nor will it be the last and guess what you survived offending them and I am sure they did too. If someone wants something said a certain way then let them start their own blog.
That being said. I have friends, co-workers and many others who have taken a lil peek and the things I hear in response are things like.....
How theraputic.
She is amazing.
How sad.
How do you deal with it being so far away?
And last but not least......
Is there anything I can do?
My replies to each one of these comments...
Yes it is.
Yes she is, I hope god forbid if I am ever in anything close to her shoes that I can do it half as good as she does.
Sad, yes but amazing, Scott is a fighter.
We deal by reading everyday, sending comments as much as we can. Crying with her. Praying for them and asking for prayers.
I always tell them when they ask if they can do anything that the best thing they can do is leave a comment, say a prayer and send positive thoughts. They always give me the deer in the head light look about comments and usually say something about I don't know them. To this i usually reply true but you are reading some of the most intimate details of their life so just say hi or that you are thinking of them anything.
K I have rambled but i wanted to share with you.
Looks as tho everyone had a wonderful time and not to break the bubble to a wonderful weekend Mom is taking Dad to the VA today guess he is real sick or as mom says it looks like hell. lol
Lots of love, hugs etc etc.
Sara

Scott  – (March 22, 2010 at 9:27 AM)  

Yeah, I think it's all been said (well done Alli Mark and Sara). Love the blog, and you make it by being honest and forthcoming. It IS yours and it should be exactly what you want it to be. Keep it up Brandi and we'll keep reading!

Unknown  – (March 22, 2010 at 11:06 AM)  

Ummm...Brandi. The bad language and talk about icky things really offends me so please stop, O.K. Its not like this is a blog that we can voluntarily read or anything and if there is offensive things in here it really hurts my feelings a whole lot.

P.S. the entire above statement was said with the utmost sarcasm

P.S.S. JRB is going to have absolutely zero electricity for about 5 hours today so be glad you are home

Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2010 at 12:46 PM)  

HERE HERE and HERE"S to HER ! To anyone offended PLEASE read ,feel, & reach just a little deeper..... Even the good doctors, priest, and any therapist will tell you to purge your feelings of anger or they will consume you. I personally don't want to see Brandoo go down in a flames & swarming swear words just because we can't relate.
I actually heard on "The Doctors" show, dropping the "F" bomb when you stub your toe is physically good for you. (Release of endorphins to counter-act the adrenalin) I think some of us should slam an appendage in something and give that a whirl.
By the way; I enjoy a good "F" bomb now and then almost as much as I do reading and responding to this here blog.
To that I say...
I LOVE YOU & HAVE A GREAT F*%#@ING DAY,
Jay'me ;o)

Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2010 at 12:50 PM)  

back to give you an update on uncle Dean. Sounds like he got in line for a sinus infection. Gave him antibiotics, (is this spelled right?)(I would like to request spell check plz) Anyway said he should feel better in a cpl days.

Sounds as though on the way home everytime uncle Laverne went to talk dad would have to clear the nasal passages, but when others talked he wouldn't have to. hmmmmmm lil brotherly rival?

I think he left out. You are always talkin about K and her ear infections, so he had to get something too. lol KIDS!
just wanted to let ya know.
hang in there Sara

BigDan  – (March 22, 2010 at 3:08 PM)  

One of the things I mentioned to Kathy when I first started reading the blog (Besides "she's a damn fine writer") is that the blog serves to keep you upright in this storm. Keep it up and love you lots!

Kath  – (March 22, 2010 at 3:54 PM)  

Well, I think everything has been said.....you really do have to keep it real!
Thinking of you guys and love ya!

Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2010 at 4:50 PM)  

I love reading this blog and love hearing about each event in the WWW! Keep it up and have a good week!! :) Feel better Scott!! <3

missy dappen  – (March 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM)  

Nothing more to add, but you rock, Brandi, and if you need me to slap some people around... well, you're probably better off asking someone else- I cry easily. But I will wildly cheer in the background!

Lots of love!

Anonymous –   – (March 22, 2010 at 8:28 PM)  

well im back to work so havent posted much but still read....the only thing i have ever read on that that was offensive is brandi (ya you!!!!) apoligizing for putting YOUR thoughts on YOUR blog. f*ck em if ya dont like a pic or a comment use the damn scroll bar and skip it...
well scott glad you could clear your own dishes but dude ya crushed every man's dream of not doing it ya should have faked it and kept my dream alive....keep going strong and i will rent sara if you wanna get brandi that maid(she's cheap)

Brent

Anonymous –   – (March 25, 2010 at 5:37 PM)  

You are right...it is your blog say what ever the hell you want!

Post a Comment