I'm teaching my best girl the importance of having baking skills.

Getting friends

keeping friends

and making new friends

is easier if you know your way around a kitchen.

Fortunately she loves it and from the looks of it is quite good at it!




Another busy day in the WWW Wacky World of Witt

Miss K has yet another ear infection. She's had so many since Thanksgiving I've officially lost track. She woke up this morning and instantly started complaining. Thank goodness Grandma was here to take her in. The doctor said it was caught early so hopefully we can avoid the sleepless nights that usually come with the ear infection.


Started the day with a visit from SICU Nate
Hi Nate

We saw him before we saw any doctors so in our quest to start getting answers we showed him the photos of the tendon from yesterday just to get his opinion. His response "Aw, that's gross".

Hmmm... me thinks we've got a little problem on our hands.

Scott has even more exposed tendon (and I'm expecting to see even more).

Had a good visit with Dr Jacobs, Dr. Ben Hi Ben
and PA Jen.
Scott is now suture free (waahooo).
We've modified the dressing change for the lower leg yet again. This new (and hopefully improved) dressing change took me about 30 minutes to complete and that was with a ton of assistance from Kathy. Should be lots of fun when I'm home with Scott alone. Lots of good times ahead.
Not that I'm complaining, what's an hour changing dressings when the alternatives are things I just can't fathom.

Scott got literally no rest all morning so by the time the afternoon PT session was about half way finished he was practically falling asleep standing.

I came home early to snuggle the sick girl. We had a quiet enjoyable evening.
The aching in my ovaries from holding Ryan has finally subsided.


Hoping for a peaceful, restful night. One full of regeneration so everyone can be ready for the homecoming in 5 short days.

Alli –   – (March 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM)  

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures! Our kids are so freakin' cute together! I have to have the picture of the two of them on the chair together. I have one from each year they have known each other. They have grown up so much. Yesterday was so funny listening to them talking to each other. They have changed so much in such a short amount of time. Love that Kate, the little mama hen. She was just a sweetheart with Ry.
5 day countdown is on! Scotty, your ramp will be ready to go and we'll have Adam test out "Uncle Scott's slide" to make sure it's fun ;-) Can't wait to see you in your own house with your remote control watching Cash Cab! We'll arrange for a game night (really more like afternoon) soon.
Love you all,
Alli

Anonymous –   – (March 1, 2010 at 10:21 PM)  

Ooooh I am all for a game afternoon! You say the word and we're there. :) So cute to see the kids together. I am left speechless at how much both Adam and Kate have grown in the last year...when did she become a woman?!? Too adorable...and Brandi, whenever your ovaries get the urge, Carter and I will be at your house immediately for you to snuggle, play, and change diapers while I sleep somewhere!! :)

So happy to hear Scott will be home so soon! Yaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

Hugs,
Jenn, Steve and Carter

Craig –   – (March 2, 2010 at 7:34 AM)  

Keep rollin Scott-tay! I sent you those pics I was telling you about to your email address....
Check em out!
Craig

Jen –   – (March 2, 2010 at 11:34 AM)  

Hoping Tuesday is going well!

Love
Jen

Anonymous –   – (March 2, 2010 at 5:17 PM)  

THANK YOU for the Starbucks gift card AND for being so awesome :) The funny thing is that we were on our way to Starbucks when he proposed, haha! So, the first thing I did as an engaged woman was order a vanilla latte (well...he ordered it for me b/c I couldn't formulate a sentence). Thank you again, you guys are the best :)
-Becca

Anonymous –   – (March 2, 2010 at 6:01 PM)  

It was good to see you yesterday Scotty - Even if you were all jacked up on morphine.
Always on my mind,
Lots of love,
Jay'me

Post a Comment